Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are looking to purchase the SEL trim with the convenience and premium package as well as the Drive Guidance package. I've seen conflicting videos and pictures regarding the Blind View Monitor on the Palisade. According to some reports (pics, videos, etc), it's only available on the Limited trim and shows up in the digital cluster on the left or right side when activated. However, I've seen a video review and now a picture in a report indicating that it can show up in the center of the cluster where the tachometer and speedometer are actually analog...center being digital. According to the CNet review: Even if you don't opt for the fully digital gauges on top-shelf Ultimate models, a large multi-function display in the cluster can momentarily display the live video feed from the right- or left-hand-side camera when the turn signal is activated to aid while passing. Can anyone sheds some light on this feature for us? Many thanks. View attachment 2020-hyundai-palisade-suv-129.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
The attachment you provided is not the limited version. The entire gauge cluster is digital in the limited trim. When you turn left, the left-side camera activate and fills in the speedometer circle during the turn. When you turn right, the tachometer circle fills with the right-side camera video. I have never seen any camera video appear in the center of the digital instrument cluster. When you go into reverse, the image appears in the nav/infotainment area. You cannot activate any camera view while in PARK mode for some stupid reason. You also can't activate any kind of rear vehicle view while in drive mode - it'll only allow you to view side & forward facing cameras for some reason. This means anytime you want to use the rear-facing camera, i.e. to see how close a car is behind you, you have to put the car into reverse - which should scare the crap out of anyone behind you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The US version of the SEL trim does not have the cameras in the outside mirrors needed for the Blind View Monitor. There is a trim level in Canada just below the Canadian Ultimate that has the Blind View Monitor between the gauges. It is also on the top trims of most international trims.

Many, many YouTube videos show the feature. All but Canadian and international videos are in error. This is in part Hyundai's fault. They showed off the feature in the footage they gave to the press last November at the LA auto show.

In the US, the only trim with the feature is the Limited.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The US version of the SEL trim does not have the cameras in the outside mirrors needed for the Blind View Monitor. There is a trim level in Canada just below the Canadian Ultimate that has the Blind View Monitor between the gauges. It is also on the top trims of most international trims.

Many, many YouTube videos show the feature. All but Canadian and international videos are in error. This is in part Hyundai's fault. They showed off the feature in the footage they gave to the press last November at the LA auto show.

In the US, the only trim with the feature is the Limited.
Yes my Canadian Luxury trim has it, it's really surprising it's not on the SEL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts