Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright here we go again, I've seen alot of these issues on here allready but none have posted pictures or videos, Here are mine I would like to if this is just me or my car but that i've become paranoid with
all the little nick nacks but I really expect alot of this brand/car taken this to dealer allready to service repair and acknoledge all with its normal

# blind spot monitor warning AGAIN 3rd time

# headlight beams seen asked about before to replace with led not with picture my car had the beams pointed towards traffic had dealer replace bulb"fix" issue same it is super noticeable in open road or when comming down a driveway this is what it looks like \ | also driver beam is super flared not focused i used my flash light as a comparison

# on auto all lights are on regardless of day or night 80% of the time seen video
# and of course my 3.8L diesel engine

would appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looks like you have an SEL. For the blind spot monitoring, there is a software update. I assume it applies to SEL as well as Limited trims. Take it to your dealer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm not sure I see an issue with the headlight out for a base halogen system. They have a sharp horizontal cutoff as most projector systems do. A better way for determining output is to park about 20 feet from a horizontal wall so you can see the pattern projected in front of you.

Direct injection engines do sound more like a diesel at idle by default.

When your blind spot monitor warning turned on, had you been driving for a long period of time with a vehicle right next to you? I have had previous vehicles that would trip a blind spot error when it constantly saw a vehicle next to me for long periods of time. Basically it expected vehicles at speed to come and go and when it was constantly on for an extended period of time, it thought it was malfunctioning. I don't know if the palisade system works the same way or not

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure I see an issue with the headlight out for a base halogen system. They have a sharp horizontal cutoff as most projector systems do. A better way for determining output is to park about 20 feet from a horizontal wall so you can see the pattern projected in front of you.

Direct injection engines do sound more like a diesel at idle by default.

When your blind spot monitor warning turned on, had you been driving for a long period of time with a vehicle right next to you? I have had previous vehicles that would trip a blind spot error when it constantly saw a vehicle next to me for long periods of time. Basically it expected vehicles at speed to come and go and when it was constantly on for an extended period of time, it thought it was malfunctioning. I don't know if the palisade system works the same way or not
thanks for the feedback its been at dealer 2xs for the blindspot monitor last was jan 8 2020
yeah the headlight beam is not straight im ok with it being cut off above the mirror height, but not to the point that its curved towards the left like so \ \ im in city most of the time and people
keep honking or beaming me because my lights are facing that way. They aren't crisp they are so dim and washed as you can see in my video im about 20 feet
im so disapointed in this cars egine people have asked me if its a diesel

·
Registered
890 Posts
yeah the headlight beam is not straight im ok with it being cut off above the mirror height, but not to the point that its curved towards the left like so \ \ im in city most of the time and people
Gotcha. It's a bit hard to tell in your video exactly what's going on as far as that goes.

The lights are adjustable, so they can be aimed to point straight forward. Your dealer should be able to do that, however, some dealers are a bit special.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Blind spot system fails, Triangle shows. They fixed something but to soon to know if fixed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't speak to the other issues but i am annoyed by the auto headlight sensitivity. It can be a clear day, sun shining, but because i'm driving away from the sun and the roof casts a shadow on the sensor, the lights kick on. I wish it could be dialed way down and only come on at dusk. It's just going to shorten their lifespan.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I can't speak to the other issues but i am annoyed by the auto headlight sensitivity. It can be a clear day, sun shining, but because i'm driving away from the sun and the roof casts a shadow on the sensor, the lights kick on. I wish it could be dialed way down and only come on at dusk. It's just going to shorten their lifespan.
That’s highly unlikely to affect their lifespan, assuming we’re talking about the LEDs. And even halogen will be ok. I have halogen DRLs on my 2012 Sonata that are original after 165,000+ miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Allright here we go again, I've seen alot of these issues on here allready but none have posted pictures or videos, Here are mine I would like to if this is just me or my car but that i've become paranoid with
all the little nick nacks but I really expect alot of this brand/car taken this to dealer allready to service repair and acknoledge all with its normal

# headlight beams seen asked about before to replace with led not with picture my car had the beams pointed towards traffic had dealer replace bulb"fix" issue same it is super noticeable in open road or when comming down a driveway this is what it looks like \ | also driver beam is super flared not focused i used my flash light as a comparison

# on auto all lights are on regardless of day or night 80% of the time seen video
# and of course my 3.8L diesel engine

would appreciate the feedback
We are having the same blind spot monitor problem. It’s a faulty sensor and Hyundai will make up something to try and charge you $750 plus 3.5hrs labor to replace it when they obviously have defective sensors. i would turn it off and hope that disables it, so the car doesn’t start hitting the brakes on you and alarming randomly while driving.

·
Registered
890 Posts
We are having the same blind spot monitor problem. It’s a faulty sensor and Hyundai will make up something to try and charge you $750 plus 3.5hrs labor to replace it when they obviously have defective sensors. i would turn it off and hope that disables it, so the car doesn’t start hitting the brakes on you and alarming randomly while driving.
It's under warranty and there is a TSB to fix it. They're not going to charge you for it. They get paid by Hyundai to replace it, so there's no motivation for them to charge you vs Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This is a great site. They have the full listing of all 47 TSB’s for the Palisade. Link below for the blind spot warning.

I very very strongly suggest that everyone uses nhtsa.gov for TSBs and not this carcomplaint.com, which only harvests the NHTSA's website.

If you actually read the TSBs, you'll find that the majority of them are instructional or procedural in nature and do not indicate an issue with the car. One of the latest TSBs is how to clean the car because of COVID-19 for example. Many of those TSBs cover multiple Hyundai models, or even all of them since the 90s.

Stop using this quantity of 47, @CVP33. It isn't correct. When a TSB covers multiple Hyundai models on how to work on the radio, that's not a "Palisade TSB". How many times do I have to point this out to you before you start making honest posts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts