Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had it done. TSB (not a recall) just annoying. But have 1st yr Hyundai’s since 2011. So relax. Just a glitch. Inconvenience yes but still safest cars. Had 2 different models save my life reason have had 7 in 8 yrs. lol
What do you mean by they saved your life?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Toyota just recalled 1 million vehicles because of fuel pumps that die randomly. I think I'd rather deal with a blind-spot tsb.
Maybe, but I also read some strange stuff about the Palisades not letting people change lanes, practically causing an accident. That is kind of scary. I also wouldn't enjoy that wind noise people are talking about. I have had my Toyota for almost 15 years and it has been pretty awesome, except for the power doors. Those have been a pain in the ..... As you mentioned though, Toyota has been having more and more problems. It was just disappointing to read the problems these are having and with them so new. I do think it is a perfect size vehicle. Especially for me, going from a mini van. I don't want to go too small and the Palisade seemed perfect.
I would be very upset if I had to be taking a brand new car in for service as many times as some of the previous posters here have mentioned. That would be so frustrating and I wouldn't be loving it much.

·
Super Moderator
932 Posts
Maybe, but I also read some strange stuff about the Palisades not letting people change lanes, practically causing an accident. That is kind of scary. I also wouldn't enjoy that wind noise people are talking about. I have had my Toyota for almost 15 years and it has been pretty awesome, except for the power doors. Those have been a pain in the ..... As you mentioned though, Toyota has been having more and more problems. It was just disappointing to read the problems these are having and with them so new. I do think it is a perfect size vehicle. Especially for me, going from a mini van. I don't want to go too small and the Palisade seemed perfect.
I would be very upset if I had to be taking a brand new car in for service as many times as some of the previous posters here have mentioned. That would be so frustrating and I wouldn't be loving it much.
Picked up our new limited AWD palisade in January, it was manufactured in Nov.2019. Not a single problem like those listed on here.
Only problem I see so far is, You have to pay for or put gas in it. Free gas for life would have been nice. Just say while everyone is wishing for more at this price point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my Palisade for about 3 weeks now, and 3 different times while driving down the road, I've received a message that says: "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM". Neither times has it been while there were other cars around or when I was in any traffic. All 3 times have been when I was on a 2-lane road with no other cars around. The warning light (an orange triangle with an exclamation inside) will stay on until I turn the car off and won't come back on when I start it up again. Has anyone else had this issue?
Same exact Issue here. Beware it can cause braking when changing lanes or exiting a highway. Disable this feature if you can until it’s fixed. My wife disabled it(I double checked blind spot driver assistance was off) and she and her friend said it was still false alarming with no vehicles around on a two lane road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same exact Issue here. Beware it can cause braking when changing lanes or exiting a highway. Disable this feature if you can until it’s fixed. My wife disabled it(I double checked blind spot driver assistance was off) and she and her friend said it was still false alarming with no vehicles around on a two lane road.
I took it to the dealer they did an update a few months back and it has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
815 Posts
This should be a recall it becomes a safety issue when the vehicle emergency brakes randomly to keep you from changing lanes. Or blares out collision warnings randomly.
There's a TSB for addressing it. The collision warning doesn't prevent you from changing lanes, just provides feedback to get your attention. You can still override it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
There's a TSB for addressing it. The collision warning doesn't prevent you from changing lanes, just provides feedback to get your attention. You can still override it.
Actually, there is a system on the Palisade that will yank you back in your lane if you try to change lanes and its think a car is in your blind spot. It does use the blind spot monitoring system for that. See page 5-78 in the manual. It's called the Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist.

But more to the point, there is a misunderstanding in this thread of what's happening...

@rlittle03 - when the message "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM", it means that there is an issue with the system. It doesn't mean that it's sensing a car that is really there. It will not brake on you and/or prevent you from changing lanes when this happens. The word "CHECK" doesn't mean "hey, check your blind spots for impending collision". It means "have the system checked by the dealer". At that point, the system disables itself anyway because it is malfunctioning. This is not a safety issue.

And there is a software fix for this issue. The TSB is posted in this thread already.

I suggest you read your manual to understand how this system works. There's an indicator in each mirror that lights up when a car is in your blind spot (which mirror lights up depends on which side a car is detected). That indicator is also repeated on the heads-up display, if you have that on your car. You also get a camera feed of your blind spots in the instrument cluster when using the turn signal (assuming you have that feature on yours). It never gives you a message to warn you of a collision.

·
Registered
815 Posts
will yank you back in your lane if you try to change lanes
yes, it provides feedback and you can still steer past it. It'll definitely let you know not to go, but it won't stop you.

I didn't mean feedback as in the auditory alarm from the warning system.

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes, it provides feedback and you can still steer past it. It'll definitely let you know not to go, but it won't stop you.

I didn't mean feedback as in the auditory alarm from the warning system.
It does more than that: it activates the stability control to avoid the collision.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It does more than that: it activates the stability control to avoid the collision.
yes, it steers you back into your lane... that's the feedback process. You can then go anyway if you want. It offers resistance, sure, but it won't stop you from going.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Before the TSB was performed on my Palisade; it would indicate something in the right blind spot when nothing was there. It also lit up when traveling past steel barriers on the right side. The TSB banished the phantoms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This should be a recall it becomes a safety issue when the vehicle emergency brakes randomly to keep you from changing lanes. Or blares out collision warnings randomly.
It is a recall thats what the dealership told me after I took it in to get fix

·
Registered
936 Posts
It is a recall thats what the dealership told me after I took it in to get fix
It's not. The dealership calls it that, but it's not. A recall means the NHTSA gets involved, owners have to be notified, and the car manufacturer is on the hook for tracking quantities and VINs of every car to ensure the recalls are done. They report that data to NHTSA. That's the reason why you can go to NHTSA's website, enter your VIN and it can tell you if your specific car has outstanding recalls.

This isn't one. It's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB), and it actually states that they will not do the update is the car isn't exhibiting the issue (they look for a specific diagnostic code that Hyundai requires for the warranty claim). See for yourself here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173541-0001.pdf

You can also go to the Palisade's page on NHTSA's website, where you'll notice that there is only one recall: the one for the airbag bolt, which has been out since last year. No recall for a blind spot issue. The page is here (and TSBs can be found under Manufacturer Communications): 2020 HYUNDAI PALISADE SUV FWD

Also, and this bears repeating, the message "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM" is NOT a safety issue. When this happens, the system disables itself. It's not going to brake and swerve the car into a ditch. If people are experiencing swerving or braking, or reports of a car in the blind spots when there isn't one, and while the blind spot monitoring is fully functioning (in other words, the message above is not showing), then that's a different issue that you should talk to your dealership's service department about.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Before the TSB was performed on my Palisade; it would indicate something in the right blind spot when nothing was there. It also lit up when traveling past steel barriers on the right side. The TSB banished the phantoms.
That’s my situation exactly and I got the TSB(20-01-014h) today along with my first maintenance, yes it worked. NOTE: I had no BCW malfunction indicator warning, just the phantoms. Build date 10/23/19

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would be great if folks writing about some of these problems would also include the build date listed on the door jam. That way over time, we can tell if there is a breakpoint when the factory corrected the problems before shipping the vehicles. I have so far not experienced any of the issues mentioned in many of the posts. My build date is Oct 26th 2019. Took delivery on December 11th. So far so good. No window noise, no false blind side indications that I recall.
My palisade was manufactured Sept 6, 2019 and I am having the blind spot warning problems. Very frustrating with a brand new vehicle and especially with a system such as blind spot monitor which is not new to the market

·
Registered
815 Posts
My palisade was manufactured Sept 6, 2019 and I am having the blind spot warning problems. Very frustrating with a brand new vehicle and especially with a system such as blind spot monitor which is not new to the market
Needs the software update most likely

101 - 120 of 131 Posts