Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's the TSB for this issue (note: it's not a recall, it's a TSB. And the important number isn't T4K 99C094R1, it's 19-01-046H).
I just had my Palisade in to the dealer and they performed the BCW Radar Update. The service printout I received says "PERFORM OPEN RECALL T4K 90C094R1 - PALISADE BCW RADAR UPDATE
(19-01-046H)
OPEN RECALL"

So perhaps the TSB resulted in a Recall that is not being seen on public recall lookup systems.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I just had my Palisade in to the dealer and they performed the BCW Radar Update. The service printout I received says "PERFORM OPEN RECALL T4K 90C094R1 - PALISADE BCW RADAR UPDATE
(19-01-046H)
OPEN RECALL"

So perhaps the TSB resulted in a Recall that is not being seen on public recall lookup systems.
I think it's just semantics to be honest. Just because they call it that doesn't mean it actually is a recall. A real "recall" from a legal standpoint, has to go through the NHTSA, who gets notified and sends a letter back to acknowledge it. Then there has to be customer notification process that is documented.

Right now, NHTSA's website only shows the airbag recall, although they tend to be really slow at updating their website. More to the point, if you look at the paperwork for the airbag recall, there's a recall campaign number assigned to it (186). The TSB for the BCW doesn't. Also, the recall checker on Hyundai's website doesn't return anything when I enter my VIN.

But who knows? Maybe it's in process and will become a real recall. As long as they fix it free of charge, that's what counts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Did recalibrating the system fix the issue? We took our Palisade to the dealer almost two weeks ago and they said they were familiar with the issue and could fix it. But we're currently still waiting to have it fixed, because apparently they needed a certain part and it is on backorder. Do you know what the recalibration required, and if it needed any new parts? Our dealer says it's going to take a full day to fix after they get the part and I'm nervous for them to be fiddling around so much with any of the systems (fix one thing, break another, you get the idea). Your dealer's solution sounds simpler!

It did, for a while, but it is back on again and I have to take it back next week. They didn't say anything about needing a part, just that the IT guy wasn't there the day I dropped it off, but would be back the following day, so I did have to leave it, but it was fixed quickly the second day and was fixed for a while until it started back up again. Will update again once we take it next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my Palisade for about 3 weeks now, and 3 different times while driving down the road, I've received a message that says: "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM". Neither times has it been while there were other cars around or when I was in any traffic. All 3 times have been when I was on a 2-lane road with no other cars around. The warning light (an orange triangle with an exclamation inside) will stay on until I turn the car off and won't come back on when I start it up again. Has anyone else had this issue?
there was just a recall, mine was updated at the dealership this past Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Palisade for about 3 weeks now, and 3 different times while driving down the road, I've received a message that says: "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM". Neither times has it been while there were other cars around or when I was in any traffic. All 3 times have been when I was on a 2-lane road with no other cars around. The warning light (an orange triangle with an exclamation inside) will stay on until I turn the car off and won't come back on when I start it up again. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes. I bought mine in October and had the dealership look at it 4 times in 6 wks. They concluded it was a software issue and ordered a part. When they called to say the part was in, I told them the light has remained off so they closed the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue, the dealer previously re-calibrated it, but the issue persisted, there is now an official update for this issue as previously mentioned.
Also, there is an open recall for excessive wind noise, but you have to notify them if it sounds like the windows are not fully raised up. There are new door trims available that resolve this too.
The software upgrade appears to have fixed the collision light errors (and emergency breaking). The trim is on back order in my area.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had mine for 2 weeks and yesterday I got the alert. If you bluelink and create an account at myhyundai you can get the alerts as well. It says there was a software update for it

·
Registered
6 Posts
our limited awd started doing the same thing. it happened everytime we drove the vehicle after about 5 minutes. this past week they did the software update and it has been no issue since then. time will tell

tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue
On my limited. It just started happening at about 4700 miles and five months of ownership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the same issue and was told it was the area I was driving in. I don’t believe that at all. It showed me how the dealership plans on dealing with this problem. Tell them BS and hope they go away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the same issue and was told it was the area I was driving in. I don’t believe that at all. It showed me how the dealership plans on dealing with this problem. Tell them BS and hope they go away.
There is an open recall right now called a, "parking and collision radar update."

I took mine to the dealer on Monday they did the update and now it hasn't came back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is an open recall right now called a, "parking and collision radar update."

I took mine to the dealer on Monday they did the update and now it hasn't came back.
A RECALL or a TSB on it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So that TSB says vehicles produced until September... My palisade was built in December so I'd assume mine is fine?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will write an update once I know the reason. But what the service rep told me was that the sensor could have been damaged by an outside sources, which is not covered under the warranty. The example he gave was something like a ball hitting the bumper. According to him I am not going to see a damage on the bumper but the sensor could be damaged. With this logic they can say what ever they like and void the warranty.

I hope you didn't buy your car from them. They sound rude and uncaring. I would definitely show them this post, or if you already had it handled, how did it go?

81 - 100 of 131 Posts