Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Palisade for about 3 weeks now, and 3 different times while driving down the road, I've received a message that says: "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM". Neither times has it been while there were other cars around or when I was in any traffic. All 3 times have been when I was on a 2-lane road with no other cars around. The warning light (an orange triangle with an exclamation inside) will stay on until I turn the car off and won't come back on when I start it up again. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just doing a search for this myself as I am experiencing the same thing. I can’t figure out when it’s coming on and why. Have had vehicle two weeks. Made appointment with the dealer next week to check out.

·
Super Moderator
854 Posts
Best way is when it comes on and stays on drive by the dealership without shutting it off, Just to let the verify
what is happening. Things never show up when I take car to dealership, no matter what brand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same thing happened on my Limited AWD while on the freeway AND using Android Auto to listen to Spotify. It occurred twice on the same road trip, both within a few hours of each other. The second occurrence I had just attempted to command the Google Assistant through Android Auto; it hung for a while, then the cluster showed the warning to check the Blind Spot system. To me it seems to be a software bug rather than a hardware issue with the Blind Spot system.

It's never happened since that road trip, despite using AA regularly.

Keep us posted if the dealer has any insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best way is when it comes on and stays on drive by the dealership without shutting it off, Just to let the verify
what is happening. Things never show up when I take car to dealership, no matter what brand

I took pictures 2 of the 4 times it has happened. I guess I'll have to call and make an apt. I live almost 1 hr 1/2 from the dealership so I dont really "drive by".

·
Registered
4 Posts
They said the other dealership in town had a few of these as well. Reset the system and said to let them know if it comes back on. Said it takes about 60 miles before it calibrates itself again. Said that’s what the other dealership did and nobody has been back. Driven about 60 miles since and so far so good. Let’s hope it stays,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've also had this issue on my Limited, which I've had for a month. We took it to the dealer and they said they've actually been seeing this problem quite a bit. The Blind Spot Collision warning will come on about 10-15 minutes after the car has been turned on, and then it goes away again if I turn the engine off and on. The dealer thinks that eventually they'll have a recall for this. We're getting ours fixed next week...the dealer needed to order a part and it took a few days. I was relieved that they've heard of the problem and at least claim to know how to fix it...it was so upsetting to get a warning light on a brand new car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Experienced this as well while on a mini road trip couple weeks ago. The notification would come on after observing the blind spot indicators on either side activating when there were clearly no objects to trigger it. Turning the car off then on would just temp reset this but always come back on after 10-15min of diving.
It’s currently at the dealer for the window whistling TSB but dealer says it was recalibrated and tested for a few miles without activating again. Wasn’t told it would take 60 miles to fully recalibrate as mentioned above but will monitor and report if it returns. But for now looks like a minor and quick fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had my Palisade for about 3 weeks now, and 3 different times while driving down the road, I've received a message that says: "CHECK BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING SYSTEM". Neither times has it been while there were other cars around or when I was in any traffic. All 3 times have been when I was on a 2-lane road with no other cars around. The warning light (an orange triangle with an exclamation inside) will stay on until I turn the car off and won't come back on when I start it up again. Has anyone else had this issue?

UPDATE:::: Just took my car to the dealership and said they just had to re calibrate the system. Just picked it back up yesterday so haven't really driven it that far, but driving to the mountains for the weekend so we'll see if it's really/ truly fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I start having the same issue a week after I bought Palisade limited. I made an appointment with the dealer but they are convinced that I did something to the sensor with out looking at it
They told me to expect a bill. If they are open to it, I will show them these posts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I start having the same issue a week after I bought Palisade limited. I made an appointment with the dealer but they are convinced that I did something to the sensor with out looking at it
They told me to expect a bill. If they are open to it, I will show them these posts.
Expect a bill? It is under warranty still -- not sure how they can even suggest that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will write an update once I know the reason. But what the service rep told me was that the sensor could have been damaged by an outside sources, which is not covered under the warranty. The example he gave was something like a ball hitting the bumper. According to him I am not going to see a damage on the bumper but the sensor could be damaged. With this logic they can say what ever they like and void the warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
UPDATE:::: Just took my car to the dealership and said they just had to re calibrate the system. Just picked it back up yesterday so haven't really driven it that far, but driving to the mountains for the weekend so we'll see if it's really/ truly fixed.
Did recalibrating the system fix the issue? We took our Palisade to the dealer almost two weeks ago and they said they were familiar with the issue and could fix it. But we're currently still waiting to have it fixed, because apparently they needed a certain part and it is on backorder. Do you know what the recalibration required, and if it needed any new parts? Our dealer says it's going to take a full day to fix after they get the part and I'm nervous for them to be fiddling around so much with any of the systems (fix one thing, break another, you get the idea). Your dealer's solution sounds simpler!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue. Took to dealer and they re-calibrated it. Worked fine for 2 wks and now issue has come back. No one knows anything. Dealer is lost. I called Hyundai warranty and they don't know anything. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue. Took to dealer and they re-calibrated it. Worked fine for 2 wks and now issue has come back. No one knows anything. Dealer is lost. I called Hyundai warranty and they don't know anything. Very disappointing.
Forgot to mention, Hyundai warranty team was rude too. They didn't show any concern, especially this being a safety issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might need a whole new system or replacement part. Did you try calling some other local dealers, if there are any in your area? I called a few (Southern California) and they are all familiar with the problem and have some Palisades being fixed there now. Some of the dealers said they recalibrated (some called it relearned) the system and that worked, but who knows if it's a long-term fix. For our Palisade, they're recommending replacement (of what exactly, I'm not sure) and we are still waiting for a backordered replacement part. They thought ours had come in earlier this week, but it was actually for someone else who brought their car in earlier.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts