Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
I should look up for a picture of your powder coated Calligraphy wheels. The stock wheels bothered me at first but they have been growing up on me.
Yeah I figured at only $600 I would try the powder coated look first. Can use the other money for chrome delete versus spending all that money on nice wheels, haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just powder coated my Calligraphy rims Satin Black and then painted the center caps. I think they look 10 times better now. I have a White Pali so I love the white on black look. Will be doing a chrome delete soon and already have a black grill to install. But anyways, back to the wheels, I do like the look of the black Calligraphy wheels now. Powder coating was only $600. Can use that extra money spent on an expensive rim set for chrome delete, haha!
What black grill are you installing? I’m about to purchase a 2021 Calligraphy and want to change to black after market grill but have heard there are figment issues with the 2021 Calligraphy. Have you attempted the install yet?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
What black grill are you installing? I’m about to purchase a 2021 Calligraphy and want to change to black after market grill but have heard there are figment issues with the 2021 Calligraphy. Have you attempted the install yet?
Well I bought this one and have it sitting in my garage. I wasn't aware of any issues, just needed the one with the camera since they sell 2. But now it says on there that it doesn't fit the Calligraphy. It didn't say that when I bought it several months ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I bought this one and have it sitting in my garage. I wasn't aware of any issues, just needed the one with the camera since they sell 2. But now it says on there that it doesn't fit the Calligraphy. It didn't say that when I bought it several months ago.

Interesting. Well please let me know what happens if you attempt it, and what if any issues arise.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
Interesting. Well please let me know what happens if you attempt it, and what if any issues arise.
Yeah I know the Calligraphy is a different style but the chrome piece around it looks the same to me. So what did they do, use different mounting location? Just seems odd. Anyways, I'll probably take a look soon.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
What grill did you find that was black? I’ve been in the market!
I'm convinced one doesn't exist. The one I bought on Amazon looked fine and said to fit all Palisade's and even has the camera mount. However the site has since been updated and says does not fit the Calligraphy. I have it in my garage but haven't taken mine apart yet. Plan on doing it Sat. If it doesn't fit then oh well, I plan on plasti-dipping mine while I have it off. But at first glance it's the same size so I guess the physical mounting holes are different maybe. Can't tell until it's off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dipped my rims and dechromed the whole car. Dark tints but fully stock.
Nice job, I am planning on murdering my Palisade as well. How did they do the lettering on the back, was it removed? Was all the trim(lettering too) done with vinyl wrap?

Thanks,
~B

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just powder coated my Calligraphy rims Satin Black and then painted the center caps. I think they look 10 times better now. I have a White Pali so I love the white on black look. Will be doing a chrome delete soon and already have a black grill to install. But anyways, back to the wheels, I do like the look of the black Calligraphy wheels now. Powder coating was only $600. Can use that extra money spent on an expensive rim set for chrome delete, haha!
Did you powdercoated flat or gloss black?
Thank you!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts