Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rim brands are good to match the 20 O.E size? Or rims that will give the palisade better performance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm wondering... how do rims give better performance exactly?
Possibly Unsprung weight- so lighter rim will make car more agile. I dunno if I would go mess with that, I would probably just plasti-dip the OEM rims and call it a day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly Unsprung weight- so lighter rim will make car more agile. I dunno if I would go mess with that, I would probably just plasti-dip the OEM rims and call it a day.
The calligraphy rims plastic dipping no go for me, do you know any rim brands that would match the stock rims weight?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The rims will not give you any performance but will change the handling and ride characteristics
If you change their size, yes. Otherwise, not really. Tires would be what affects ride and handling. And the OP mentioned he wanted to use the OEM tires, so there's no tire change and no size change here.

Yeah, that's the only variable really. I doubt the gain is noticeable on a Palisade.

My question was mostly in jest, since the OP wants to use the OEM tires. I don't think there's much gain, if any, to be had here. Maybe he should add go-faster stripes...

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
I just powder coated my Calligraphy rims Satin Black and then painted the center caps. I think they look 10 times better now. I have a White Pali so I love the white on black look. Will be doing a chrome delete soon and already have a black grill to install. But anyways, back to the wheels, I do like the look of the black Calligraphy wheels now. Powder coating was only $600. Can use that extra money spent on an expensive rim set for chrome delete, haha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just powder coated my Calligraphy rims Satin Black and then painted the center caps. I think they look 10 times better now. I have a White Pali so I love the white on black look. Will be doing a chrome delete soon and already have a black grill to install. But anyways, back to the wheels, I do like the look of the black Calligraphy wheels now. Powder coating was only $600. Can use that extra money spent on an expensive rim set for chrome delete, haha!
Thank you for sharing please post a picture

·
Registered
622 Posts
I should look up for a picture of your powder coated Calligraphy wheels. The stock wheels bothered me at first but they have been growing up on me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts