Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added some black plasti dip to cover some of the shinny chrome. I really hate the plastic shinny chrome on new cars covered it with black plati dip today. It's simple to work with and hope it last. I used it on the back bumper of my 4-Runner before and it worked great. I'm not sure how well it will last on the front grill, but it's semi easy to touch up.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Added some black plasti dip to cover some of the shinny chrome. I really hate the plastic shinny chrome on new cars covered it with black plati dip today. It's simple to work with and hope it last. I used it on the back bumper of my 4-Runner before and it worked great. I'm not sure how well it will last on the front grill, but it's semi easy to touch up.
Looks great!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White/Beige/Dark Brown
87 Posts
Looks great! I'm still waiting on my Hyper White Palisade but I'm pretty sure I'll use Plasti-Dip on the H and PALISADE lettering on the back and the chrome around the grill. I don't think I'll do the entire grill thought. I also believe I will be making it glossy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi - did you remove the grill to dip it or did you spray it while on? I heard removal procedure is really a PITA and i worry about spraying cameras/sensors that might be back there on the calligraphy edition i'm eyeing up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi - did you remove the grill to dip it or did you spray it while on? I heard removal procedure is really a PITA and i worry about spraying cameras/sensors that might be back there on the calligraphy edition i'm eyeing up.
I sprayed it while it was on the car. I sprayed right over the camera and just peeled off the dip on the lens of the camera. I did put some cardboard behind the grill to block it from getting on the radiator, but really it was almost not even needed. Hardly any spray ended up on the cardboard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow super solid job. Looks like it came from factory that way. How durable is the dip finish on something like the grill? I had a few quotes from vinyl/chrome delete experts - ranged anywhere from 700-2000k to delete the chrome, dip the wheels etc. Most of them said they would wrap all the parts with vinyl - some said they would would also wrap all the grill elements but some said it was too tricky/time consuming to wrap grill elements and said they would suggest spraying (although not as durable).

I'm just torn now if this ends up being a lot of work i may as well wait for a Nightfall Telluride (my wife's original choice). Only reason she is open to considering Palisade is if i can get the Nightfall look.

BTW - Did you delete any of the chrome on the side profile? If so can you share a pic?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow super solid job. Looks like it came from factory that way. How durable is the dip finish on something like the grill? I had a few quotes from vinyl/chrome delete experts - ranged anywhere from 700-2000k to delete the chrome, dip the wheels etc. Most of them said they would wrap all the parts with vinyl - some said they would would also wrap all the grill elements but some said it was too tricky/time consuming to wrap grill elements and said they would suggest spraying (although not as durable).

I'm just torn now if this ends up being a lot of work i may as well wait for a Nightfall Telluride (my wife's original choice). Only reason she is open to considering Palisade is if i can get the Nightfall look.

BTW - Did you delete any of the chrome on the side profile? If so can you share a pic?
Thanks! It's durable, but it's not paint. So you can peel it off if you want to. My grill looks great, but my back bumper has some nicks in the plasti dip. I would have similar nicks in the paint too because it's on the leading face of the back bumper. This happened on my 4runner too and you can touch it up really easy. I sit on the edge of the back with the rear gate open to change into dirt bike gear. My boots always seem to hit that bumper and cause scratches. The other parts of the car, including the sides, look like they did from day one. I did do some of the side trim too. Here is a picture, but not a great one. I did the trim around the doors. I did not mess with the door handles because I know that would be a bad spot for wrapping or dip. To many curves and I just don't think it would stick with how we use a door handle.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some chrome delete
Looks nice! Did you use plasti dip? I had mine vinyl wrapped. Also had them do the mirrors in black. There’s clear paint protection film on the front, hood, wheel fenders and A-pillars as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the dip or wrap on the section near the tailpipes?
I've dipped most things but shied away from that because I don't want to melt anything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the dip or wrap on the section near the tailpipes?
I've dipped most things but shied away from that because I don't want to melt anything.
Can’t speak for Plasti Dip but I just picked my car up Friday from having vinyl wrap done. We didn’t really discuss it but they even wrapped the exhaust tips. I did request a chrome delete, I just didn’t think about that. I like how it looks. He’s a professional, so I’m assuming he knows it can stand up to the heat. I hope so, anyway! So far I’ve had no issues, but it’s only been a few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks nice! Did you use plasti dip? I had mine vinyl wrapped. Also had them do the mirrors in black. There’s clear paint protection film on the front, hood, wheel fenders and A-pillars as well.

View attachment 2616 View attachment 2617 View attachment 2618
Looks great! Just picked up my 2021 Hyper white and looking to do something similar. 1st shop was worried about wrapping door handles and the roof rack. Did you get any pushback and how has it all held up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Absolutely no pushback at all. They never even said. I was wondering about the button in the handle and they just wrapped over it. So the wrap is in one piece but you can still see and use the button just fine. It’s only been about a month but I’ve had no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! It's durable, but it's not paint. So you can peel it off if you want to. My grill looks great, but my back bumper has some nicks in the plasti dip. I would have similar nicks in the paint too because it's on the leading face of the back bumper. This happened on my 4runner too and you can touch it up really easy. I sit on the edge of the back with the rear gate open to change into dirt bike gear. My boots always seem to hit that bumper and cause scratches. The other parts of the car, including the sides, look like they did from day one. I did do some of the side trim too. Here is a picture, but not a great one. I did the trim around the doors. I did not mess with the door handles because I know that would be a bad spot for wrapping or dip. To many curves and I just don't think it would stick with how we use a door hand
Thanks! It's durable, but it's not paint. So you can peel it off if you want to. My grill looks great, but my back bumper has some nicks in the plasti dip. I would have similar nicks in the paint too because it's on the leading face of the back bumper. This happened on my 4runner too and you can touch it up really easy. I sit on the edge of the back with the rear gate open to change into dirt bike gear. My boots always seem to hit that bumper and cause scratches. The other parts of the car, including the sides, look like they did from day one. I did do some of the side trim too. Here is a picture, but not a great one. I did the trim around the doors. I did not mess with the door handles because I know that would be a bad spot for wrapping or dip. To many curves and I just don't think it would stick with how we use a door handle. View attachment 2385
Did you dip the wheels as well? I'm concerned about it peeling between the cap and the rim, as it is taken off for tire rotations.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
Did you dip the wheels as well? I'm concerned about it peeling between the cap and the rim, as it is taken off for tire rotations.
I powder coated my Calligraphy wheels but since the center caps are plastic, I painted those and the lug nuts. I couldn't find a replacement center cap for this one yet. And crazy, I also couldn't find black lug nuts that are the short stubby ones either. I know taking the wheels off will scratch the lug nut paint but it's not hard to touch them up. Emblems and grille, I plasti-dipped myself and the rest of the trim was wrapped and I didn't receive any pushback for any of it. I'm getting the tailights tinted as we speak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts