Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Company has provided me a 2020 Palisade SE for work purposes. Not able to do any lasting changes to the vehicle as it is leased. This will become my personal car as well, so was curious if there was a way to get a bike rack without adding a trailer hitch? Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Company has provided me a 2020 Palisade SE for work purposes. Not able to do any lasting changes to the vehicle as it is leased. This will become my personal car as well, so was curious if there was a way to get a bike rack without adding a trailer hitch? Any input appreciated!
You can always remove the hitch....

I've always had scratches from trunk racks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can always remove the hitch....

I've always had scratches from trunk racks.
This is true. Just saw a video about having to lower the exhaust and didn't want to play around with all that. Seems like adding and removing a hitch still is the best option

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is true. Just saw a video about having to lower the exhaust and didn't want to play around with all that. Seems like adding and removing a hitch still is the best option
I installed the hitch on mine two weekends ago. "Lowering the exhaust" consists of popping it off two rubber mounts to give you clearance for your hand. It's not that big of a deal.

I did the whole thing in my driveway without even jacking the car up. Took about an hour, but much of that was finding the tools in my messy garage, etc. It really was a very easy install. I can't see a good justification to use something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the hitch on mine two weekends ago. "Lowering the exhaust" consists of popping it off two rubber mounts to give you clearance for your hand. It's not that big of a deal.

I did the whole thing in my driveway without even jacking the car up. Took about an hour, but much of that was finding the tools in my messy garage, etc. It really was a very easy install. I can't see a good justification to use something else.
Awesome, thank you for that input! I will do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts