Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week after 5 months of no problems, my Limited is getting a BCW warning almost daily. Shut off the car and it disappears. Sometimes it stays off and other times it comes back. Thinking it was dirty sensors, washed the car and yet it still activates. Wife's brother sells Mercedes. Says it's a common issue and don't even bother bringing it to the dealer as they won't bother fixing it, saying it's "dirty sensor". Anyone having similar or have a solution? As always, thanks in advance.
Rusty

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Last week after 5 months of no problems, my Limited is getting a BCW warning almost daily. Shut off the car and it disappears. Sometimes it stays off and other times it comes back. Thinking it was dirty sensors, washed the car and yet it still activates. Wife's brother sells Mercedes. Says it's a common issue and don't even bother bringing it to the dealer as they won't bother fixing it, saying it's "dirty sensor". Anyone having similar or have a solution? As always, thanks in advance.
Rusty
Your brother-in-law is incorrect. There's a TSB for this issue. The dealer will update your software if the issue can be duplicated.

TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173541-0001.pdf

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had that problem, my dealer applied the revised software and the system has been perfect since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rusty
I had the same issue and took it to the dealer and got it fixed. The service rep told me there is a recall on the issue. According to him they have started contacting owners to make an appointment.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I had the same issue and took it to the dealer and got it fixed. The service rep told me there is a recall on the issue. According to him they have started contacting owners to make an appointment.
There is a TSB, not a recall, for this issue. The TSB is linked to in this thread a little further up.

If you read it, you'll note that Hyundai will not do the update if the issue can't be duplicated. So I doubt that they would contact all owners. I don't think your service rep is correct here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rusty
I have same problem with my palisade, several times calibrated it, works for several weeks and then pops up again. The worse part the dealers and services have no idea about whats going on!! We have to wait...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts