Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Palisade is super hot in the San Francisco Bay Area, apparently. Shopping in San Jose last weekend, the dealer is charging $9,995 above MSRP. The line item is "market adjustment".

Is there even a Palisade at MSRP in a nearby state that I can fly to so I can drive one back?

EDIT: This was for the Limited trim. $48,455 MSRP + $9,995 market adjustment = $58,450 total

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check out the “how much did you pay” forum - lots of us bought under MSRP in SoCal. I bought in San Diego and they were willing to do $2k under MSRP for any Palisade they had on their lot (I bought in September). Don’t settle - dealers are dealing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I too bought in San Diego at 990 under msrp on a limited AWD

all Bay Area and nearest dealers were all over msrp

this was back in December through March. I see nothing has changed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would totally go to SoCal / San Diego to avoid the $10k mark-up. Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check out that other thread for sure. Do either of you have a recommendation for a particular dealer or even a salesperson?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Franky was awesome and I wholeheartedly recommend working with him, but I will caution you about Juan, the Finance Manager. He tried to pull a fast one over me but I caught it before signing on his dotted line. Don't trust any finance manager because they're always trying to make that last buck for the dealership and some extra commission for themselves.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kearny Mesa Hyundai - Andy is a gem. Worked with Jay on numbers online and didn’t go in until I got the price I wanted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a couple dealers in SoCal/San Diego looking for the specific colors for the 2020 Limited AWD, and it hasn't been great. (There was one with an alternate interior color, but it got sold yesterday.) Looks like I'm going to Reno tomorrow.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Supply is going to be tight now on the 2020 Ltd AWD. Good luck! When I was looking I couldn’t find good deals in Reno, but I’ll hope your timing is right

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I've got one locked in now at MSRP + $500 in dealer add-ons that they were going to charge me almost $1k for. I'll post details of the sale in the other thread after it's all done tomorrow.

Shopping for after-market parts now!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am tickled that I'm already set up on Blue Link and connected to the car I'm picking up tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts