Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Cindy,

I have noticed that, and it was mostly at night as it appears to be nighttime in your pictures. My last car a 2015 ford explorer was much clearer. I did wipe down my camera lens with a soft cloth and it did not help. They might all be like this since we both appear to have the same amount of fuzziness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiping it down does no good, I have the service mgr digging into it....it is awful at night!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might try replacing the back-up lamps with LEDs. There is a YouTube video out there about how it is done. More light should help the camera a lot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As a test for tailLeRoy"s suggestion (which I agree with) you could go somewhere at night where there is more ambient light and see if the back camera is able to more clearly focus. If it does then you have a viable solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Judging from blurry text on backup camera screen - the photos you took are blurry by itself and are not representative or real fuzziness. That's my remark for future readers to not get a wrong idea looking at photos.
That been said I know what you mean about night backup camera - it's due to low light and sensor is way too small to capture image in sharp crisp resolution - hence that fuzzy image. It improves as more light becomes available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Judging from blurry text on backup camera screen - the photos you took are blurry by itself and are not representative or real fuzziness. That's my remark for future readers to not get a wrong idea looking at photos.
That been said I know what you mean about night backup camera - it's due to low light and sensor is way too small to capture image in sharp crisp resolution - hence that fuzzy image. It improves as more light becomes available.
sorry but the photos are not blurry, night backup looks exactly like that, my Outback had a great camera...day and night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry but the photos are not blurry, night backup looks exactly like that, my Outback had a great camera...day and night.
Are you saying blurry text itself on your picture that reads: "Check surroundings for your safety" - is exactly like that on display?!! Then it's your display that is faulty.
Please don't tell me you don't see blurry text on your picture I posted below??!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cindy
Have you tried adjusting the contrast?
Look at quick reference guide page 2-6&7
Seems if it was the display everything would be
hazy or blurred. Or is it like what DAN said and everything on display is blurred.
Does other functions look good on the display?
Looks like blurry text in your picture is camera you used just didn't focus right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts