Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ. I was thrilled with my first Front Wheel Drive vehicle. It was an 87 Buick with 3.8. Having front wheel drive was nice in snow. After a while tho, I longed for 4WD. Then I got am 87 Expedition and an 04 Expedition. Both had a switch for two wheel (rear) drive and 4 wheel drive. In the 20 years I owned those two cars, I think I used the 4 WD under 10 times.
So now I am faced with Front Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive. Full time AWD seems nuts to me. More tire wear, less gas mileage, greater cost. I am not in Maine or Mass or the upper midwest. Should I just go back to Front Wheel drive and enjoy the savings, lack of a transfer case and the better gas mileage or will I regret not haveing AWD.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Being AWD doesn't mean all wheels drive all the time. It just means they can. This is true of any AWD vehicle. Not to be confused with 4WD where all 4 wheels are driving. Which you don't want to do for very long or at speed. Typically, on the Palisade, the front wheels get power most of the time.

Get the AWD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts