Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would Hyundai trigger the engine shutoff as soon as all motion ceases? Almost every time I pull into my garage, i come to a complete stop, engine shuts off, i put in park, engine starts, i push the off button, engine shuts off again. This is causing unnecessary strain on engine components. And it's not like i'm taking my time putting into park either, it's just that the engine shutoff is super fast. I wish there was a way to add a timer before it shuts off. So the car would stop, a 5 second timer starts, and if no forward movement, then proceed to shut off the engine. I find myself creeping forward at times because i know the thing will shut off only to restart a couple seconds later because i'm moving again. And yes, i do turn if off quite often, just not on every drive. I'd like to use it, but it bothers me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's an acquired taste, to be sure. I generally don't mind it, except when I'm driving in traffic. It doesn't shut off every time I stop, but often enough that eventually I hit the switch to stop it. I know the components are designed for this, but It seems like an amazing oversight not to make the button choice "sticky" on restart, or at least a system setting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it bothers you that much, disable it:

I had this on my last vehicle, and it drove me craze, it was so noticeable (and your could not disable it, thanks GM) but on the Palisade, I hardly notice it at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would Hyundai trigger the engine shutoff as soon as all motion ceases? Almost every time I pull into my garage, i come to a complete stop, engine shuts off, i put in park, engine starts, i push the off button, engine shuts off again. This is causing unnecessary strain on engine components. And it's not like i'm taking my time putting into park either, it's just that the engine shutoff is super fast. I wish there was a way to add a timer before it shuts off. So the car would stop, a 5 second timer starts, and if no forward movement, then proceed to shut off the engine. I find myself creeping forward at times because i know the thing will shut off only to restart a couple seconds later because i'm moving again. And yes, i do turn if off quite often, just not on every drive. I'd like to use it, but it bothers me.
You don't have to put it in park. Just turn the car off with the start stop button. The car will automatically put itself into park without restarting the engine. Best thing ever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting, I'm going to have to try that. Does it always put itself in Park when you hit the button and shut it off?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You don't have to put it in park. Just turn the car off with the start stop button. The car will automatically put itself into park without restarting the engine. Best thing ever.
The only problem w/ this method is that the passenger doors don’t unlock when not using Park. If you have passengers they will have to unlock their doors manually and you will probably hear a little bit of grumbling. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, in the car menu you can set the doors to unlock when the power is turned off instead of when the car goes into park.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, in the car menu you can set the doors to unlock when the power is turned off instead of when the car goes into park.
I know, but for me that would result in even more manual unlocking for passengers. Maybe I’ll try it though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I find the Autostart feature to be most annoying and defeat it each time I drive the car. A better solution, when I get round to it, is to see if there is a fuse that can be pulled to eliminate the Autostart.
On my Jaguar they have a separate battery dedicated for the Autostart! My Dealership just disconnected the battery and no more Autostart....wonderful.
I suspect that the Hyundai uses the same battery for this function, but am just guessing here. If anyone has figured out if there is a fuse to pull please let us know. In fact I need to check that out now. LOL.

·
Registered
130 Posts
sounds like a relay or module controls it, It would be a normally closed relay when you bush button it opens taking power off but makes contact with second side of relay thus keeping itself open. When you turn off car the power goes off and lets it close again. So it would always be on at startup. Try looking at them. If it is a module would be operating more than one thing so you might loose functions of some thing else also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts