Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto windshield wipers are not accurate. I just bought palisade ultimate. I keep wipers at auto setting. Sometimes wipers just dont turn on whe its raining and sometimes wipers just go so fast for no reason.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
The sensor is behind the mirror, so if the water just beads off there it doesn't sense the need. if it puddles there it will run the wipers fast. I found that out using Rain X on windshield

·
Registered
3 Posts
Totally agree with the Auto windshield wipers. Sometimes it detects and sometimes it doesn’t. They do run too fast when it is barely beading. Wonder if I should take it back in since I’ve only have my new car for less than 3 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you should call them and complaint about this. Thats what i did. They didn't fix my problem yet. I wonder if other people having same issue. I had an audi q5. Their auto wipers were perfect.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited Lagoon Silver
15 Posts
Mine seem to work sporadically also. I have yet to figure out what the knob is adjusting because it makes no difference when I adjust it. I wish there was an option to just disable it and use the setting as an intermittent wiper instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does the same as all the others, drives me nuts. My wife was the Santa Fa and the wipers work the way they should. When I go for my first oil change I’m going to ask about it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My experience in my Maxima is similar - very inconsistent. When I took it to the dealer, they sprayed a hose at it and proclaimed it was working as intended. I'm guessing the subtlety is in the sensor, along with infinite variations from super light mist to frog strangling downpours.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
adjust the interval on the wiper stalk, seemed to help on mine.
I also noticed when the sun is shinning in to the car and I would go by a tree
sometimes even a light pole, and the sun was just right. It could trigger
the wipers. I know crazy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts