Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it didn't. My settings are to get GPS time, and the time was still an hour off (ahead) of where it should have been re-set to.. I set it to manual and set the time, and just for giggles (I'm easily bored) I checked the the GPS Time, and it jumped up an hour...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well, it didn't. My settings are to get GPS time, and the time was still an hour off (ahead) of where it should have been re-set to.. I set it to manual and set the time, and just for giggles (I'm easily bored) I checked the the GPS Time, and it jumped up an hour...
GPS data doesn't provide daylight saving time info. It only provides a universal time. Combined with your current longitude and latitude, the car knows which time zone you're in and what offset to apply to the GPS clock. It does not know when daylight saving time starts and ends. DST is a governmental concept that can change over time. For example, Microsoft has to patch Windows when new dates are provided or when geographical areas decide to change their policy on DST (like states who decide to no longer follow DST).

Also, to account for DST, don't set your clock manually in your Palisade. Leave it on GPS time and check (or uncheck as the case may be) the Daylight Saving Time box. It will automatically substract or add an hour, while still keeping the time accurate based on GPS data. That also allows the car to automatically change the clock based on your location when you cross time zones (for example, when driving across the US).

From the manual:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts