Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an observation, not a gripe or complaint.
Took my 2021 Limited in for oil change and wheel balance. Also asked them to check battery status as auto-stop stopped working about three weeks ago. My guess was battery was degrading, hence no auto-stop. Tech came back and said battery checked good but the flow-chart to check auto-stop function was long and elaborate so they gave me a loaner and I left. At 5 pm the next day the Palisade was ready for pick-up and they said auto-stop was working. As soon as I drove away it was obvious auto-stop was working again. The repair order said they followed the flow chart - charged battery for one hour, car sits idle for four hours to "calibrate sensor" (whatever that is) (apparently with engine running as my gas gauge was down a good bit), then test drove 8 miles but the repair order says auto-stop didn't work during the test drive. No more explanation on the repair order of what took place after that, but clearly some software had been updated. Not the nav or display software, that all looked the same but all my presets were gone - radio favorites, door unlock, daylight savings time, and several others had to be reset. No big deal but interesting that no one mentioned a software update and it didn't appear on the repair order. Two days later I used cruise control and there is all kinds of new stuff in the heads-up display. The set speed now shows up in the HUD, several new icons, and the distance to the car in front - formerly only on the dash, now in the HUD as well. Anyone have a similar experience?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts