Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed something. Unlike some I am a fan of Auto Start Stop. Figure it saves Gas and emissions as advertised... It is normally unobtrusive for me, literally can not move my foot between break and Gas faster than the engine coming back to life. I also like how you can decide with foot pressure or the button whether you want the engine to go OFF.

* Until today, this is after 3 months *

I then noticed that HILL HOLD was ON. Oddly with it on the Auto Start Stop feature started acting badly and was not ready before I was. Had to tap the gas not just take foot off break or even let up on pressure.

* As soon as I turned HILL HOLD OFF * The Auto Start Stop returned to normal good behavior for me.

Not really sure of the logic of the change in behavior, but I don't use HILL HOLD, don't trust it.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
The logic seems to be if you remove your foot from the brake when on a steep hill
car could start to roll backward if it took any time to be ready to press the gas pedal
At least that is my guess.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i meant that with Hill Hold on it delayed Engine restart until after i touched the gas pedal which does not make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks i meant that with Hill Hold on it delayed Engine restart until after i touched the gas pedal which does not make sense to me.
Doesn't shock me. Engine restart is likely looking to see if the brakes are activated or not. Hill hold engages the brakes, so they're on until you press the gas pedal. Would have to see what kind of sensor Hyundai is using to detect brake engagement (contact sensor on the peddle or pressure sensor on the brake lines like most vehicles).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts