Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 2021 calligraphy and it has an Auto Butler sticker on the windshield. What is this for?

·
Registered
157 Posts
No idea so googled it. Looks like the dealer had some kind of paint protection applied, presumably by Auto Butler (company providing that service). Just curious how much did they charge you? (Should be baked in the price you paid).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea so googled it. Looks like the dealer had some kind of paint protection applied, presumably by Auto Butler (company providing that service). Just curious how much did they charge you? (Should be baked in the price you paid).
Just checked my paperwork and we declined the coverage...I’ll call the dealer and see if it was maybe a one time application they did on the car prior to purchase simply because I’m curious now. But the coverage option page lists the cost at $1295 including reapplications. It doesn’t say how many reapplications though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called the service dept at they said they apply Auto Butler to all of the new vehicles. To get continued protection you’d need to purchase the package and it’s reapplication every 3-6 months. Now I’m wishing I would’ve purchased it! Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally these dealer applied products seriously lack in performance compared to what you can get going through a real detailing company for a lot less money.

Okay good to know, I'm new to this. So with a detailing company, would the auto butler be equivalent to a wax and polish?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without knowing the specific details on the product, it's probably more in line with a paint sealant.

Okay. So over time, what is important for the car? Wax/polish, paint sealer or both? I want to make sure I keep it looking great but don't want to spend unnecessary money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts