Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days in to my Limited so haven't had enough windshield time to really notice, but does Auto Brake Hold turn off by default every time the car is started? My Volvo XC60 saves that setting. Hope this is not the case as that would be annoying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The auto start/stop function will enable (turn on) every time the ignition is turned off and restarted. You have to manually disable it when you don't want to use it. Some members posted a trick to jam a piece of plastic on the side of the button to prevent it from re-enable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The auto start/stop function will enable (turn on) every time the ignition is turned off and restarted. You have to manually disable it when you don't want to use it. Some members posted a trick to jam a piece of plastic on the side of the button to prevent it from re-enable.
You are referring to engine start/stop. I am asking about the automatic brake hold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
oops! I misread it too
The brake auto hold (when the vehicle stops on a incline) will turns off once you hit the gas pedal -- hope this is what you are asking about

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oops! I misread it too
The brake auto hold (when the vehicle stops on a incline) will turns off once you hit the gas pedal -- hope this is what you are asking about
Unfortunately not. I'm familiar with auto brake hold as I have it on my XC60. I'm just trying to see if it holds the setting of it being ON after turning the car on and off. I haven't had a chance to drive it again in the past few days (got it for the wife).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, auto brake hold defaults to off each time the car is turned on, as far as I'm aware. I think you can wedge a small piece of paper into the button, that way the button is pressed automatically. I do a similar thing with my "auto engine off" button.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, auto brake hold defaults to off each time the car is turned on, as far as I'm aware. I think you can wedge a small piece of paper into the button, that way the button is pressed automatically. I do a similar thing with my "auto engine off" button.
Thanks for the clarification. I get the Auto Start/Stop not being an option due to fuel economy ratings, but wish they would give this as an option to keep always on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like Hyundai should include small piece of plastic / paper as standard equipment add on for the Palisade owners to enable / disable buttons. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wanted the same thing. To keep the auto hold on by default everything time I start the car. Does it work with sticking a piece of paper or whatever to keep the button down?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance you can go into settings and set the auto hold button to remain on even when car is turned off and then back on?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
538 Posts
Any chance you can go into settings and set the auto hold button to remain on even when car is turned off and then back on?
No, there is no setting. Just like turning ISG off, if you want Auto Hold on then you must turn it on everytime you start the Palisade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That would be nice to have it leave this on. I would like to leave some of those things set to where I had them last. Auto Hold on. Driving mode too.

Bummed you can't leave in sport or snow, will stay in comfort, eco or smart. But why not others? Leave the auto hold in mode I use. Engine off too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts