Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been researching and pricing the Australian-delivered Palisade this month and thought I would share my info and results.

Manufacturer RRP (Drive away): $82,401.70 - Spec'd to the search criteria listed below. No accessories.
My best quoted price: $79,000 Drive-away, inc all accessories listed below.

Aussies: What did you pay / get quoted for your Palisade?

My search criteria:
  • Hyundai Palisade Highlander - 8 Seat
  • 2.2L Turbo Diesel, All Wheel Drive
  • Must be a 2021 build
  • Metallic Paint

My Inclusions/Accessories (inc $RRP):
These items are all included in my $79,000 price above.
  • Metallic Paint ($695)
  • Tow Bar (~$1800)
  • Side Steps (~$1200)
  • Weather Shields (~$280)
  • Carpet Mat Set (~$245)
  • Rubber Cargo Liner ($230)
  • Roof Rack Kit ($630)
  • Tinted Windows (Front) ($220)

Manufacturer Source:
https://www.hyundai.com/au/en/cars/suvs/palisade

My Comments:
Some details below about things that are not obvious or easy to find

Current floor stock = 2020
  • At the time of writing (29/01/2021) all MY21 floor stock at dealers are 2020 builds (Oct-Dec). Not an issue now, but it'll be treated as a one year older car when it comes to trade-in or resale.
  • "In transit" means mid-March ETA. Unsure if these will be 2020 or 2021 builds.
  • New order 2021 builds have about a 3 month wait.

MY2022 specs & stock possibly expected ~June/July 2021 based on USA delivery times. AU might be very different.

Limited colours & trim
Seating:

Base model: 8 seats only
Highlander: 7 or 8 Seat option
  • 7 seats = 2nd row Captain's chairs (2-2-3 config)
  • 8 seats = traditional bench (2-3-3 config)
  • Same price for 7 or 8 seats

7 seats are really comfortable and classy, but...
  • The config leaves a large gap between the 2nd row seats for the walk-through to the back.
  • No factory accessories are available (even internationally) to fill the hole between the Captain's chairs.
  • Probable issue with groceries/luggage rolling through the gap from the boot to the front.

Colours:
Australian specs are limited to the following colour combos:

Highlander spec:
- Black with burgundy interior​
- White with burgundy interior​
- Burgundy with burgundy interior​
- Steel graphite with light beige interior​
- Moonlight Cloud with light beige interior​

Base model:
- Black with black interior​
- White with black interior​
- Burgundy with black interior​
- Steel graphite with black interior​
- Rainforest with black interior​

Drivetrain
  • AWD = Diesel only
  • 2WD = Petrol only

USA specs not equal to AU specs
  • Australian base-model Pali's are generally higher spec'd than the equivilent USA models, but USA, Canada & Korea gets some pretty sweet extras that we can't get.
  • Be careful what you read on forums about available specs & options.

USA specs that AU can't get:
  • 12" full-screen LCD Electronic Dash
  • BlueLink remote start
  • Electric folding 2nd & 3rd row seats
  • Optional tow-upgrade kit w/ auto-levelling dampers
  • Colour-coded lower body trims
  • Probably others, comment below if you find any and I'll update this post.

Australian specs that USA can't get:
  • Electric folding mirrors
  • 3-node LED Headlights (Highlander only)
  • Full size spare wheel

Accessories

Towing

Electronics
  • Apple car play & Android auto needs a USB cable. NOT wireless in 2021 model. USA MY2022 model will (apparently) have upgraded infotainment with wireles AA & car play.
  • Highlander 8 seater: 2nd row seats are heated only, not cooling.
  • Highlander 7 seater: 2nd row seats are heated & cool ventilated.
  • USA & Canada get "BlueLink" mobile app with remote start, tracking, etc. NOT available in AU at all :(

Tinting
  • Highlander = Darkest legal tint factory installed to 2nd, 3rd row & rear window. NOT factory installed to 1st row driver & passenger windows.
  • Base mode = No factory tint.

Pre-Paid Servicing:
* 5yrs = $2345 - no discount to fixed-price PAYG servicing @ $469 per year.

Research/Forums:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Interesting comparison between specs. I like that you included the John Cadogan YouTube video. I definitely recommend his channel and personally have got a lot of good information on the current state of the auto industry from watching his videos. Naturally his views are focused on “Stralia”, but many of his views holds true from a global perspective. There are far too few unbiased perspectives from individuals that poses a such a strong engineering/science background combined with a very thorough understanding of the main aspects of each auto manufacturers business practices combined with consumer protection laws. I know that’s a mouth full, however this guy possesses these attributes. Definitely recommend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been researching and pricing the Australian-delivered Palisade this month and thought I would share my info and results.

Manufacturer RRP (Drive away): $82,401.70 - Spec'd to the search criteria listed below. No accessories.
My best quoted price: $79,000 Drive-away, inc all accessories listed below.

Aussies: What did you pay / get quoted for your Palisade?

My search criteria:
  • Hyundai Palisade Highlander - 8 Seat
  • 2.2L Turbo Diesel, All Wheel Drive
  • Must be a 2021 build
  • Metallic Paint

My Inclusions/Accessories (inc $RRP):
These items are all included in my $79,000 price above.
  • Metallic Paint ($695)
  • Tow Bar (~$1800)
  • Side Steps (~$1200)
  • Weather Shields (~$280)
  • Carpet Mat Set (~$245)
  • Rubber Cargo Liner ($230)
  • Roof Rack Kit ($630)
  • Tinted Windows (Front) ($220)

Manufacturer Source:
https://www.hyundai.com/au/en/cars/suvs/palisade

My Comments:
Some details below about things that are not obvious or easy to find

Current floor stock = 2020
  • At the time of writing (29/01/2021) all MY21 floor stock at dealers are 2020 builds (Oct-Dec). Not an issue now, but it'll be treated as a one year older car when it comes to trade-in or resale.
  • "In transit" means mid-March ETA. Unsure if these will be 2020 or 2021 builds.
  • New order 2021 builds have about a 3 month wait.

MY2022 specs & stock possibly expected ~June/July 2021 based on USA delivery times. AU might be very different.

Limited colours & trim
Seating:

Base model: 8 seats only
Highlander: 7 or 8 Seat option
  • 7 seats = 2nd row Captain's chairs (2-2-3 config)
  • 8 seats = traditional bench (2-3-3 config)
  • Same price for 7 or 8 seats

7 seats are really comfortable and classy, but...
  • The config leaves a large gap between the 2nd row seats for the walk-through to the back.
  • No factory accessories are available (even internationally) to fill the hole between the Captain's chairs.
  • Probable issue with groceries/luggage rolling through the gap from the boot to the front.

Colours:
Australian specs are limited to the following colour combos:

Highlander spec:
- Black with burgundy interior​
- White with burgundy interior​
- Burgundy with burgundy interior​
- Steel graphite with light beige interior​
- Moonlight Cloud with light beige interior​

Base model:
- Black with black interior​
- White with black interior​
- Burgundy with black interior​
- Steel graphite with black interior​
- Rainforest with black interior​

Drivetrain
  • AWD = Diesel only
  • 2WD = Petrol only

USA specs not equal to AU specs
  • Australian base-model Pali's are generally higher spec'd than the equivilent USA models, but USA, Canada & Korea gets some pretty sweet extras that we can't get.
  • Be careful what you read on forums about available specs & options.

USA specs that AU can't get:
  • 12" full-screen LCD Electronic Dash
  • BlueLink remote start
  • Electric folding 2nd & 3rd row seats
  • Optional tow-upgrade kit w/ auto-levelling dampers
  • Colour-coded lower body trims

Australian specs that USA can't get:
  • Electric folding mirrors
  • 3-node LED Headlights (Highlander only)
  • Full size spare wheel

Accessories

Towing

Electronics
  • Apple car play & Android auto needs a USB cable. NOT wireless in 2021 model. USA MY2022 model will (apparently) have upgraded infotainment with wireles AA & car play.
  • Highlander 8 seater: 2nd row seats are heated only, not cooling.
  • Highlander 7 seater: 2nd row seats are heated & cool ventilated.
  • USA & Canada get "BlueLink" mobile app with remote start, tracking, etc. NOT available in AU at all :(

Tinting
  • Highlander = Darkest legal tint factory installed to 2nd, 3rd row & rear window. NOT factory installed to 1st row driver & passenger windows.
  • Base mode = No factory tint.

Pre-Paid Servicing:
* 5yrs = $2345 - no discount to fixed-price PAYG servicing @ $469 per year.

Research/Forums:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the post - it is very informative.
I am planning to upgrade from the Santa Fe Highlander (2 years old) to the Paradise Highlander.
The family will appreciate the extra space and the second row captains chairs.
Is there any information on changes to spec for the MY22 and release date.
Specifically, I am thinking about things like the full electric instrument gauges and revised transmission (like in the recently upgraded Santa Fe). Electric folding rear seats and wireless Apple CarPlay would also be nice.
I do not want to commit to upgrading to the Paradise now and it is improved a few months afterwards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you for the post - it is very informative.
I am planning to upgrade from the Santa Fe Highlander (2 years old) to the Paradise Highlander.
The family will appreciate the extra space and the second row captains chairs.
Is there any information on changes to spec for the MY22 and release date.
Specifically, I am thinking about things like the full electric instrument gauges and revised transmission (like in the recently upgraded Santa Fe). Electric folding rear seats and wireless Apple CarPlay would also be nice.
I do not want to commit to upgrading to the Paradise now and it is improved a few months afterwards.
I doubt there will be any updates any time soon given the car has literally just started to come into the country. Going by the previous model cycles, it will be at least a couple of years before a series 2.
I am assuming by full electric gauges you mean digital gauge cluster? I believe Hyundai didn't have enough time for testing before launch due to covid delays, hence a few things like the digital cluster and wireless Apple car play and android auto were omitted. The transmission is already an 8 speed unit which I believe is the latest so nothing to update there.
Electric folding rear seats along with the digital cluster and wireless carplay and maybe interior ambient lighting will make there way in the series 2, but I dare say that will be at least 2 if not 3 years away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi TimU

I have booked mine today but you have got the excellent deal. Would you please mind sharing details of dealership and possibly sales person as well. So they may get my deal as well..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi TimU
I have booked mine today but you have got the excellent deal. Would you please mind sharing details of dealership and possibly sales person as well. So they may get my deal as well..
Each dealer will have their own different cost-base, but you already have more than enough information needed to negotiate your own best deal with your dealer of choice.
My dealer is based in the Sydney metro area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Each dealer will have their own different cost-base, but you already have more than enough information needed to negotiate your own best deal with your dealer of choice.
My dealer is based in the Sydney metro area.
Hi Tim

Do you mind let me know what dealer that you get your quote from, im from sydney aswell, i find it hard to get the quote you have with all that extra accessories

many thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Tim

Do you mind let me know what dealer that you get your quote from, im from sydney aswell, i find it hard to get the quote you have with all that extra accessories

many thanks
Hi mate, it's a different market from when I bought mine. Each dealer will have their own different cost-base.
Best advice: Decide on your spec, colour & accessories, then make some phone calls and ask for pricing to negotiate your own best deal with your dealer of choice.

Also: Come join us on the Aussie Facebook group if you haven't already:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts