Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded the Palisade's audio and if so, what did you purchase and are you happy with it?

I know audio preference is subjective, but for a nearly $50k vehicle (the limited) I would say the audio is mediocre at best. I'm not skilled enough to upgrade myself so I'd have to bring it in to an expert to do so.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
118 Posts
No, never even considered upgrading. I have the limited and sound is perfectly fine for me.

Take it to a reputable shop and get their opinion & advice. Just stay away from big chain stores

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree, the sound system sound great to me and I have no issues with it. I'm sure you can upgrade the speakers some and that may help but I would play around with the audio settings and see if you can tune it to your liking. Not sure what kind of music you are trying to listen to that doesn't sound good but it could just be a minor tweak is all you need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did enable QLS, still disappointed. Coming from a Nissan Murano, is a definite downgrade. I'm looking to upgrade, just curious if anyone has and what their experience was.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I traded in a Lexus LS460 in on my Palisade. It had a Mark Levinson sound system and to be honest (to me at least) it didn't sound much better than the system in my Limited. Then again I'm an old fart and wouldn't know high fidelity if it bit me on the butt. So I'm quite happy with the factory system.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
118 Posts
I did enable QLS, still disappointed. Coming from a Nissan Murano, is a definite downgrade. I'm looking to upgrade, just curious if anyone has and what their experience was.
Like you said it's subjective because my wife had Nissan Rogue and Altima SLs with Bose and didn't like it. She likes her 2020 Tucson sound much better and thinks that the Palisade audio is even better than hers.

What sucks for you? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
Has anyone upgraded the Palisade's audio and if so, what did you purchase and are you happy with it?

I know audio preference is subjective, but for a nearly $50k vehicle (the limited) I would say the audio is mediocre at best. I'm not skilled enough to upgrade myself so I'd have to bring it in to an expert to do so.
What trim do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a limited model and have installed sound proofing in the four doors. It has made my audio @ 30 percent better in sound and separation. I thought of changing out speakers but decided with the sound proofing first. For the moment I'm satisfied with the sound. This is much cheaper than replacing the speakers. Also the interior is also much quieter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 2017 Nissan Murano Platinum and I was very disappointed with the bass on that Bose system, I don't say the Palisade sound system is the best but in my opinion is better than the Bose from the Murano I had.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What soundproofing material did you use in your doors? I’ve never taken off a door panel since I don’t have a panel puller, but I’m sure that’s a cheap tool to buy. Did you break any clips doing it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What soundproofing material did you use in your doors? I’ve never taken off a door panel since I don’t have a panel puller, but I’m sure that’s a cheap tool to buy. Did you break any clips doing it?
I didn't do it myself. I had an car audio shop in OKC do it. They used the Mesa Mat Door Kits. Two kits were used. Kits cost was @ $200.00 and the labor & shop materials was another $200.00. It took about 4 hours to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the limited. Sounds like most people are happy with their audio, which is great, I may be a bit too picky. I'm not saying the audio is bad, it leaves me desiring more.

I like the thought of sound deadening, I never thought of that as an option to improve audio.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a 2019 Acura RDX with the 16 speaker system that was the top of the line and it didn't sound nearly as good as my Palisade Limited. Rumors are flying that the Calligraphy edition for 2021 will have an even better system than what we have this year

·
Registered
3 Posts

yes, I added a 12” subwoofer with a 500W amp. It’s not just great sound, it’s amazing sound now! Sub placed in storage area in back. Fit perfectly

·
Registered
831 Posts
I had a 2019 Acura RDX with the 16 speaker system that was the top of the line and it didn't sound nearly as good as my Palisade Limited. Rumors are flying that the Calligraphy edition for 2021 will have an even better system than what we have this year
That's not true. The price sheet and equipment list for the Calligraphy is out and does not mention an upgraded audio system over the Limited. And the 2021 Limited shows the same Harman Kardon system w/ 12 speakers that is on the 2020 model.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I said rumors are flying... Nothing has been confirmed as of yet on the Calligraphy
Yes it has been confirmed, prices and equipment included. There is a thread about the Calligraphy trim in this very forum, a few posts up or down.

Press release: 2021 Hyundai Palisade Adds Calligraphy Model and Streamlines Content Packaging - Hyundai Newsroom
Price sheet, including detailed equipment list: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/41643-2021MYPalisadePriceSheet06Jul2020.pdf

1 - 20 of 22 Posts