Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Limited with the Harman Kardon and I'm not really impressed. Has anyone done any upgrades/replacements as of yet?
I'm used to adding systems to my cars, but have been hesitant with the Palisade. Especially since the HK system uses low impedance 2 ohm speakers. Just wondering if any audiophiles out there have found a good setup.
I listen to all types of music, from Classic Rock to EDM. Do love some punchy bass, but also like to hear the mids and highs.
Crutchfield has a bunch of options, but not many for 2ohm setups.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, and it still leaves a lot to be desired. Especially the midrange are almost non-existent.
I did find something that helps though. There's an Android app called Wavelet that gives access to a graphic eq, or you can set it to auto eq and choose a type of headphones (Harman NI I believe is what I've been playing with). It's free for the basic app, or ~$6 for additional features. I've just been using the free app. While it doesn't solve the problem, it does make the sound MUCH better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Limited with the Harman Kardon and I'm not really impressed. Has anyone done any upgrades/replacements as of yet?
I'm used to adding systems to my cars, but have been hesitant with the Palisade. Especially since the HK system uses low impedance 2 ohm speakers. Just wondering if any audiophiles out there have found a good setup.
I listen to all types of music, from Classic Rock to EDM. Do love some punchy bass, but also like to hear the mids and highs.
Crutchfield has a bunch of options, but not many for 2ohm setups.
Are you interested in selling your system?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you gone into the audio setup and clicked on Bass boost?
I have to agree. I am not impressed with the system. My theory, I think the problem with it is too much technology. You select where you want the sound focal point and I think the tech is constantly adjusting to keep it at that point while you drive/listen. Since the focal point is constantly changing it creates an inconsistent sound quality throughout the cabin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I avoid the bass boost and the surround feature. While they make some songs sound good, they make others sound poor. Seriously, try turning off the Quantum Logic Surround and Bass Boost. Next, set the tone to +2 Midrange, Treble to -2 (or -1), and set the position of the sound. I prefer the rear portion of the front seats as my sound position. This is what works for me and gives me what I feel is the best sound.

I don't use the Clarify feature as 99% of my listening is to the radio or Sirus XM, and not music from compressed files.

By the way, I have a 2020 limited with the Harmon Karden 12 speaker 600+ watt system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm just interested in the wiring. I'd love to add a sub to my sel but can't tell if the wiring is there waiting for me.
The port doesn't seem easily accessed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts