Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for crossbars for my Palisade. I have the low profile rails and I'm looking at either the Thule Evo Wingbar kit or the OEM bars.

Thule kit seems really good looking and I like the Thule ecosystem of available options. They are obviously more expensive, but here's what I don't quite understand or would like to verify:
-The crossbar kit says the maximum spread of the bars is 29". Is this true? I have a 12' kayak and it seems insane to strap it to a 2.5' base.
-The Thule weight limit for the kit is 130lbs.

The OEM bars claim to fit between 28" and 49" and have a weight rating of 220lbs. They also seem to cost less, but they don't look as good IMHO.

Can someone who purchased the Thule crossbars weigh in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thule crossbars are excellent. That said, haven't ever looked at any others and I'm sure there are some good ones out there. I love the look and feel like excellent quality. Very happy with them. Install was easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just bought a brand new Palisade that came with factory crossbar rails on the roof. We have no use for them so I took them off. I would be willing to sell them if anyone is interested. They are easy to take off and put back on. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
We just bought a brand new Palisade that came with factory crossbar rails on the roof. We have no use for them so I took them off. I would be willing to sell them if anyone is interested. They are easy to take off and put back on. Let me know if anyone is interested.
What is the color and how much are you asking for them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the color and how much are you asking for them?
They are black as pictured in the link. Brand new. Just bout the car this past Saturday. I have the instructions for installation and everything. I’d like to get $300 for them.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
240 Posts
-The crossbar kit says the maximum spread of the bars is 29". Is this true? I have a 12' kayak and it seems insane to strap it to a 2.5' base.

The OEM bars claim to fit between 28" and 49" and have a weight rating of 220lbs. They also seem to cost less, but they don't look as good IMHO.
I'm confused. If the front and rear bars aren't physically connected, why would there be such a small distance between them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much ? Location?

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are black as pictured in the link. Brand new. Just bout the car this past Saturday. I have the instructions for installation and everything. I’d like to get $300 for them.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thule crossbars are excellent. That said, haven't ever looked at any others and I'm sure there are some good ones out there. I love the look and feel like excellent quality. Very happy with them. Install was easy. View attachment 1163 View attachment 1164
I like your Thule Evo WingBar and I also have a 2020 Limited. What length load bars did you get? I’d like to avoid overhang of the bars beyond the Rapid Podium Foot Pack. Also, how is the wind noise?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you. I got 53" bars. I don't get any wind noise to the level that bothers me. My wife's hearing is better than mine and she says it's just fine. I can't say that it doesn't make any noise though. Such a subjective topic.

I like your Thule Evo WingBar and I also have a 2020 Limited. What length load bars did you get? I’d like to avoid overhang of the bars beyond the Rapid Podium Foot Pack. Also, how is the wind noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for responding so quickly. The other thing I’m not a fan of with the stock Hyundai crossbars, other than possible noise, is how high they sit. Since yours sit lower, is there still enough room for sunroof if it were to be opened?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll test in the morning. Giving it a wash. Let you know.

Thanks for responding so quickly. The other thing I’m not a fan of with the stock Hyundai crossbars, other than possible noise, is how high they sit. Since yours sit lower, is there still enough room for sunroof if it were to be opened?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Works fine. You can also move the mount position around to where you like it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in the market for crossbars for my Palisade. I have the low profile rails and I'm looking at either the Thule Evo Wingbar kit or the OEM bars.

Thule kit seems really good looking and I like the Thule ecosystem of available options. They are obviously more expensive, but here's what I don't quite understand or would like to verify:

Can someone who purchased the Thule crossbars weigh in?
I have the same set-up as Attaboy's picture and didn't bother to measure distance. I just set them at the "B" and "C" pillars because it looks cleaner than being in between or beyond the pillars (if that makes any sense.) The sunroof opens no problem and there's no wind noise if you install the Wingbars in the right direction.
I use an XL Thule box on the roof and have now problem with balance or overhang.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much height the Thule Wing Bar Evos add to the top of the Palisade, either off the roof rails or top of the roof? Trying to calculate vertical clearance with a box and can’t seem to nail down the height of the bars in the setup several members have shown. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts