Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy Burgundy/Beige
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I'd like to see media information (AM/FM/SiriusXM) in a dashboard.
Shouldn't be a big deal since many American carmakers nailed it already. Do we have a feedback channel with Hyundai?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did the April update on 2021 Calligraphy. Now Lane Assistant is not sensitive as before. I like the way it was. Now its not pick up lanes (same road I drove before) and no active lane assistant or beeping when cross the lanes. Is this normal? After new update (from 3 split screen) changes the lane assistant feature?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Did the April update on 2021 Calligraphy. Now Lane Assistant is not sensitive as before. I like the way it was. Now its not pick up lanes (same road I drove before) and no active lane assistant or beeping when cross the lanes. Is this normal? After new update (from 3 split screen) changes the lane assistant feature?
I would find it hard to believe this affected the actual system and I haven't seen any documentation on it.

It sounds more like your settings are turned off especially if you're not getting the warnings. I would go through all your settings again to ensure they are enabled.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would find it hard to believe this affected the actual system and I haven't seen any documentation on it.

It sounds more like your settings are turned off especially if you're not getting the warnings. I would go through all your settings again to ensure they are enabled.
I checked everything and all active. I just google the problem seems other also have same problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
here is another post. Previously lane assist did work without activating the cruse control.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
I checked everything and all active. I just google the problem seems other also have same problem.
Well I also posted in that thread 2 months ago asking the OP if they actually confirmed if the system was turned on. Not to ask the dumb question, but are you seeing that button lit, down on the left side, as noted in the picture I posted on the other thread.

You said others were having issues but that user didn't mention anything about the update, especially since that was over 2 months ago. Also the OP never posted again on the issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I also posted in that thread 2 months ago asking the OP if they actually confirmed if the system was turned on. Not to ask the dumb question, but are you seeing that button lit, down on the left side, as noted in the picture I posted on the other thread.

You said others were having issues but that user didn't mention anything about the update, especially since that was over 2 months ago. Also the OP never posted again on the issue.
Yes I checked the buttons. I see lane assist icon change it to green but now it way less compared to before. Before update every time I cross the line I get a vibration and beeping but now I don't get it really see the lanes.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Do yours keep you in the center of the lane without activating cruse control just with lane assist?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Yes I checked the buttons. I see lane assist icon change it to green but now it way less compared to before. Before update every time I cross the line I get a vibration and beeping but now I don't get it really see the lanes.
Ok, well I've had zero issues and I still get everything as before the update. No changes for me.

But if you're not getting steering wheel vibration or the alert, then something is wrong so I would take it to the dealer. Other than settings, I don't think the update affected any of this but definitely could have been a glitch. Hope you can get it resolved.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Do yours keep you in the center of the lane without activating cruse control just with lane assist?
No, that is not the intended feature. That is LKA but won't keep you in the lane. You must have smart cruise on which then engages LFA and that's when you get the green steering wheel icon. That is what keeps you in the lanes. Two different features and LKA will definitely give you a nudge and alert but is not as controlling as LFA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, that is not the intended feature. That is LKA but won't keep you in the lane. You must have smart cruise on which then engages LFA and that's when you get the green steering wheel icon. That is what keeps you in the lanes. Two different features and LKA will definitely give you a nudge and alert but is not as controlling as LFA.
Ok got it. Somehow mine kept me in the lane without activating the cruse before update but now its not. Now its way less sensitive to lane detect than before. Something change after update may be It was a glitch before update but I really like it.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
11 Posts
Just got my 2021 Calligraphy. It seems to have the new software, since it has the crappy XM orange station numbers already, and I don't have 3 split screens (unless I don't know how to invoke them). But my map button says 'pause', so I need the update, which should change it to 'cancel'.

I look everywhere for instructions how to copy the files to a USB, and can't find anything. Does anybody have a link where is that? I read all the instructions I could find on the update.Hyundai.com website, and nothing. And finally, I opened the 'NaU' folder with the files, and the first one says '2020 Palisade', and it's a 2021. What the heck? Instructions said to make sure it was the correct year and model, hence my question. Shouldn't it say 2021??? Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to ask what the heck is a 'broken clouds' that is below the car picture in the middle of the dash since I bought it 425 miles ago. I thought it was a song name, or weather info, but it's neither. It was 100% sunny all trip home, and still says that. Hopefully somebody know what's the deal. Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
Just got my 2021 Calligraphy. It seems to have the new software, since it has the crappy XM orange station numbers already, and I don't have 3 split screens (unless I don't know how to invoke them). But my map button says 'pause', so I need the update, which should change it to 'cancel'.

I look everywhere for instructions how to copy the files to a USB, and can't find anything. Does anybody have a link where is that? I read all the instructions I could find on the update.Hyundai.com website, and nothing. And finally, I opened the 'NaU' folder with the files, and the first one says '2020 Palisade', and it's a 2021. What the heck? Instructions said to make sure it was the correct year and model, hence my question. Shouldn't it say 2021??? Thank you.
Hyundai Navigation Updates

You have to download the navigation updater software to your PC, log in, then download the update to your USB

·
Registered
11 Posts
I already have it on my computer, but at least on my previous Fords, there were special instructions how to download the files into the USB. And in Ford's case, it needed to be formatted as ExFat. I think it should be in Fat32 here, correct? So should I just copy the files from the 'NaU' folder individually, or the entire 'NaU' folder? And how about the first file saying it's for a 2020 Palisade, when mine is 2021? Thx.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
I already have it on my computer, but at least on my previous Fords, there were special instructions how to download the files into the USB. And in Ford's case, it needed to be formatted as ExFat. I think it should be in Fat32 here, correct? So should I just copy the files from the 'NaU' folder individually, or the entire 'NaU' folder? And how about the first file saying it's for a 2020 Palisade, when mine is 2021? Thx.
You can find instructions here: How to update

Did you log in to the navigator updater software? You should be able to using your bluelink ID... You should be able to pick your vehicle out easily.

Then download the software...you can download it to your hard drive and copy it later or download it directly to the USB

The instructions tell you how to install it in the vehicle from the USB. Mine recognized automatically as soon as I plugged it in.
The download took several hours so I let it run over night. The install took about 40 min.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
If you used the updater it ask where to store the update files, I just used the USB and it put a link on the desktop for doing the update files. They have to be prepared after the down load. Then they are stored on the USB if that is where you selected to have them stored. After it was done you just put the usb in the Palisade it will tell you what to do

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys are not understanding me. I already have everything downloaded on my computer. I just need the instructions how to transfer the files from my computer to the USB. I already know what to do once the USB is loaded. Guess will search for a phone number to call Hyundai for instructions. Oh, and seems like the file saying '2020 Palisade' shouldn't be an issue, since the file is for '2020/2021 Palisade'. Basically all I need is if I copy the entire 'NaU' folder to the USB, or just the individual files. I already have it formatted as FAT32; just need to know what to transfer. But thanks for the help anyway :).

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
214 Posts
You guys are not understanding me. I already have everything downloaded on my computer. I just need the instructions how to transfer the files from my computer to the USB. I already know what to do once the USB is loaded. Guess will search for a phone number to call Hyundai for instructions. Oh, and seems like the file saying '2020 Palisade' shouldn't be an issue, since the file is for '2020/2021 Palisade'. Basically all I need is if I copy the entire 'NaU' folder to the USB, or just the individual files. I already have it formatted as FAT32; just need to know what to transfer. But thanks for the help anyway :).
I would redo it. You must not have had the USB stick in the computer when you started or it picked another drive and you didn’t change it to the USB drive.

When you go through the steps properly and if the software recognizes the correct USB location or you have to pick the correct location manually, you will be warned about formatting. The software will format your USB and download the files to the location you pick all in one.

You may have the files on your computer, but it is not worth the dicking around. Let the software do everything and then you will know the USB is formatted properly too.

if you are intent on doing it manually, just grab the top level folder and all its contents and copy it to the USB. If it doesn’t work, you probably need to go a level down and copy all the contents.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
Yeah I didn't manually copy anything. It downloaded straight to the USB

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
You want all of the files in the top level of the drive. Not in any type of folder. Should look like this.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts