Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
214 Posts
What setting can you change for the camera?
You can set the default camera view that kicks in automatically at the right speed or if you hit view for forward or reverse.
I always set the default view to my right front tire so I can get close to the curb or edge of the road when parking as an example.
You can set the default “biggest picture” view from all the camera angles. One for when in drive and one for when in reverse…if my memory serves.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you prefer not to leave the vehicle running you can turn off all ancillary equipment(radio, a/s, etc.) and use a battery tender or charger. It will update fine with no issues.

Wireless Android Support is not available for vehicles that have factory navigation.
I see that there is an update, but since I have only had the car since December. Where do I start the update? I guess it is in the manual somewhere, but for me now, how do you start the update? Is it in a particular screen or icon?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
I see that there is an update, but since I have only had the car since December. Where do I start the update? I guess it is in the manual somewhere, but for me now, how do you start the update? Is it in a particular screen or icon?
Super easy.

Get a 64GB USB drive
Login to MyHyundai and scroll down until you see Map update.
That takes you to another window. Read instructions and it walks you through download and install of the updater on your computer
Open updater. It should already recognize your model.
Plug in USB to computer
Start the download process. It walks you through the steps
When complete. Take USB to Pali. Start vehicle and plug USB into port in center console. Mine immediately asked if I wanted to update.
I left car running during update, took about 80 min.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Super easy.

Get a 64GB USB drive
Login to MyHyundai and scroll down until you see Map update.
That takes you to another window. Read instructions and it walks you through download and install of the updater on your computer
Open updater. It should already recognize your model.
Plug in USB to computer
Start the download process. It walks you through the steps
When complete. Take USB to Pali. Start vehicle and plug USB into port in center console. Mine immediately asked if I wanted to update.
I left car running during update, took about 80 min.
I can confirm you do not need to let the car running.
After the update starts, turn off the car and come back after an hour or two and enjoy.
A watched pot never boils.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah I didn't want to chance it since we were leaving on a road trip shortly after, haha. But good to know for next time.
Well I used a 1/4 of a tank back in November, so I felt it necessary to point out. I would feel better if someone else would confirm that MapNSoft didn’t put special code out there for just my VIN!

·
Registered
2021 Palisade AWD SEL Conveince Pkg
21 Posts
Although we never knew it when we bought our 2021 SEL, we got the basic small screen which has wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play (once they issue a software fix). We just use WAZE and other cell phone apps on screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I'm coming to my 2021 Palisade Limited from a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, the whole software/map update process is a big improvement. I don't have to pay $175 for five CDs and take four to five hours to upload them to update the maps and software.
I can take or leave the appearance changes. I was OK with the three-way split screen. With the two-way split, if you press the Nav button (without having a destination selected) you get 2/3 screen with the local map and 1/3 with three-day weather forecast. The 1/3 to the right can be scrolled up and down for such things as the compass with elevation and some other things I don't remember right now. Or, press the radio button and the 2/3 screen has the new audio screen. As I'm getting familiar with it I'm liking it. Now I have to go practice using voice commands for new destinations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@bjbell There have been discussions and instructions in other threads on how to get your Bluelink "linked" properly so that you can download your personal avatar to your User Profile. Do a search and you can find them.
Just out curiosity what are you referring to when you say avatar?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the update today. All went well. However, the problem I M having is the speed limit signs that appear on the HUD, the 10.25 and the 12” display are all incorrect. All my settings are MPH. The speed limit was 65mph, my speed was showing correct but the sign being displayed was showing 104. In a 45 it was showing 73 or something close.

Anyone know why the speed limit displays are incorrect?
Maybe it switched to kilometers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like bruesjoh04 posted earlier go to Setup > Nav > display > information > units you can change it to mph
You’re right. I had no idea until I started reading this thread. But now I’m not sure if I want to do it or not, based on the comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like everyone else (majority), I am not a fan of this update. I miss the 3 split on home screen. What is worse, when I go to home screen and switch all the way to left, it gives me the time and some stupid light blue map in the background that does me no good. I miss the old 3 split with map, whats playing and weather. Darnnnn

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just out curiosity what are you referring to when you say avatar?
You can upload a custom avatar into your user profiles, so that they will show in your Palisade when you get in and it loads your User 1 or User 2 profiles. This can be done through the myhyundai website

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can upload a custom avatar into your user profiles, so that they will show in your Palisade when you get in and it loads your User 1 or User 2 profiles. This can be done through the myhyundai website
I have been trying for 6 months to do this now. All suggestions on the forum (payment info, driver settings, call customer support) don't work for me. The Bluelink callcenter just refuses to answer questions on this topic, and they say that the feature is too new and they haven't been trained yet. :-(

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy - White exterior/Grey interior
3 Posts
I have been trying for 6 months to do this now. All suggestions on the forum (payment info, driver settings, call customer support) don't work for me. The Bluelink callcenter just refuses to answer questions on this topic, and they say that the feature is too new and they haven't been trained yet. :-(
I called the Bluelink Helpdesk today to ask them why my Driver Profile (as set in the vehicle) is not seen on my Bluelink App on my phone. They told me that this new feature, as part of the latest update, does not work yet. It was inserted as an imcomplete feature and down the road it will be corrected. Hyundai has not specified when.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I called the Bluelink Helpdesk today to ask them why my Driver Profile (as set in the vehicle) is not seen on my Bluelink App on my phone. They told me that this new feature, as part of the latest update, does not work yet. It was inserted as an imcomplete feature and down the road it will be corrected. Hyundai has not specified when.
The key to unscrambling the enigma in my opinion is to get a bonafide help desk ticket opened, and with that a ticket number.

Once you have that, the clock starts to tick for many departments, and the service scores start to suffer. All actions will be based on that number.

VP of Customer Service: How many new help tickets did we have last week and last month? Hmmm that is up from prior period. What is driving it? What? Driver profile tickets? This is killing my customer service!

Just call and demand a bonafide help ticket for the driver profile issue. It won’t be quick, but maybe the issue will hit critical mass for the appropriate resources to address the issue en mass. Even if it doesn’t hit critical mass, some poor schmuck will still have to properly clear the deck of the open tickets!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to go through the Hyundai owners website.

owners.hyundaiusa.com

After logging in, go to the 3 dashes top right corner > My Account > My Vehicles > Manage Drivers

There you can edit driver info., including adding an Avatar.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts