Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will ask you if you want to be able to drive during update. select no and it will do the shorter version
Mine always took about 30 minutes, this time it took 40.
Do not think some where it might have finished, make sure it runs all the way thru. It may restart several times
Will let you know it is done. Do not turn car off leave car running just to be safe.
If you prefer not to leave the vehicle running you can turn off all ancillary equipment(radio, a/s, etc.) and use a battery tender or charger. It will update fine with no issues.
I was hoping that wireless android support will be available in this update but looks like it is not.
Wireless Android Support is not available for vehicles that have factory navigation.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy - White exterior/Grey interior
3 Posts
My update went the same as everyone's else's it seems. Near an hour while I sat in the car. I was too paranoid to turn the engine off so I sat there idling on the driveway. Felt silly doing that. The map update was pretty good, as it included some newly constructed highways around my City (Calgary). As for all the other stuff that got updated, I noticed some things I liked were gone (3 panel display and outside temp display on the big screen), while there were a couple of things I feel are minor improvements, such as giving you the ability to zoom into maps using the radio tuning knob and the fancier look to the app thumbnails. And some things changed just for the sake of change, like the radio display. I'm neutral on that.

I saved all my "my places" from the NAV screen before I did the update, but I'm having trouble reloading the damn things. The prompt told me I successfully loaded back all my addresses, but now the challenge is to find our where, and put them under the User 1 profile. Which brings up a new problem from this update. It won't let me choose my own avatar (via Bluelink) in the editting profile menu. The thing says my Bluelink account is not linked, but I believe it is as my phone's Bluelink app seems to work fine. I phoned the Bluelink helpdesk and they in turn told me to call my Dealer. I'm now waiting for my Dealer to tell me to phone the Bluelink help desk!

In programming my infotainment system, I realize that what would be extremely helpful is if there was a detailed YouTube video on this.

Well, I have the Calligraphy model as I wanted all the high tech features. But, man o man, what a chore to program it all and get all the settings just right. I'm sure I'm missing some valuable tips and tricks. But, one bonus of all my labour is that my kids are very entertained when I driving about and a random "bing" is heard and I always seem to say "What the F*** is that??"

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
232 Posts
As stated earlier by bruesjoh04 your destinations are under guest profile. Use a blank USB storage to export to....then switch profiles and import to new profile.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
Well it may not be the greatest update in the world, but at least its free. I don't know of another make where you can update the navigation maps for less than $100.

·
Registered
652 Posts
@bjbell There have been discussions and instructions in other threads on how to get your Bluelink "linked" properly so that you can download your personal avatar to your User Profile. Do a search and you can find them.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palidase
2 Posts
The 2020 update went soo very smooth and the updated versions were wonderful.
This 2021 versions absolutely sucks. No more spit screen. Lost our Sirius radio. Weather not readily available. Just SUCKS!!!!
Plus need Hyundai and Sirius support today (Sunday) and all are closed.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
16 Posts
This 2021 versions absolutely sucks. No more spit screen. Lost our Sirius radio. Weather not readily available. Just SUCKS!!!!
That's the first of hearing about losing Sirius radio. Didn't lose it when I did the update.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Well I still have a split screen so I assume you're talking about the 3 way split? I always found that useless anyways because the screens were way too small. The 2-way split still there. For weather, you can easily scroll up on that second screen and it's easy to get too. One thing I don't recall seeing prior is the Doppler Radar. There is an HD Radio Data icon in settings, you select that and can see radar. Anyways, maybe there prior, idk.

But I just did the update finally, never updated it before. Didn't have any issues and everything was there.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
You maybe have to go into setup and turn the split screen on, only two sections, no more three sections
My Sirius radio works fine. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to work it, in the new layout
I like to use the weather and doppler so assigned that to the extra star key
The doppler showed up with my nov.2020 14.10 update.
there is a guide to the 14.10 updates, They are also in the 15.0 if you didn't do the Nov,2020 update before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the update today. All went well. However, the problem I M having is the speed limit signs that appear on the HUD, the 10.25 and the 12” display are all incorrect. All my settings are MPH. The speed limit was 65mph, my speed was showing correct but the sign being displayed was showing 104. In a 45 it was showing 73 or something close.

Anyone know why the speed limit displays are incorrect?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
284 Posts
I did the update today. All went well. However, the problem I M having is the speed limit signs that appear on the HUD, the 10.25 and the 12” display are all incorrect. All my settings are MPH. The speed limit was 65mph, my speed was showing correct but the sign being displayed was showing 104. In a 45 it was showing 73 or something close.

Yes. This update has a small bug and changes your units to Kilometers. There's a setting that you get to from the Infotainment to go between Miles/Kilometers, Fahrenheit/Celsius, etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, all my setting are in Imperial, except for the speed limit signs are showing kilometers for some reason.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
284 Posts
Yes, all my setting are in Imperial, except for the speed limit signs are showing kilometers for some reason.
If you look at your cluster where the total car mileage is normally, it will probably be KM as well. Just change it back to miles in settings.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts

That’s weird… one of the oddest things to happen yet.

I’d probably just try toggling the miles/kilometers settings back and forth a few times, hopefully that‘ll trigger it to get fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone else notice after the update that the first 10 preset XM channels are no longer recording? It only records forward when I choose the channel.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy Burgundy/Beige
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I noticed quite a few small UI improvements (in radio, air condition etc).
I don't remember if it was possible before - new default settings for the camera.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
214 Posts
I noticed quite a few small UI improvements (in radio, air condition etc).
I don't remember if it was possible before - new default settings for the camera.
I changed my default settings for the camera before this upgrade. I believe it was the Nov. update that offered that.

61 - 80 of 128 Posts