Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Might be the download site doesn't have enough bandwidth for the number of people downloading.
I have 1Gig down load speed, usually operates at about 890 meg. This site I only got 89.7 meg download speed.
I don't really see where much was done other than map updates.

No 3 way split on screen, and no full width android auto.
Mostly map updates and a couple of different features we
got in 14.10 are changed a little, nothing worth talking about
if you have 14.10.
Only thing I notice is soundhound voice recognition being used
on the steering wheel talk button now. Hope I no longer reach
up to the overhead console to ask directions.
Haven't had a chance to use it yet, just going by what update is saying
We can swap functions of volume and tuning knobs if using navigation
wanting to zoom on map.
The pause/cancel button in navigation screen is now changed. Used to
be we touched once to pause or hold for 2 seconds to cancel route
It is now just the opposite touch once for cancel and you can hold a
few seconds to pause.
Hey since they were not putting in any really useful features, They had
to have something for the programmers to do.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
232 Posts
It was a massive update for my 2021 Limited. Finally catching up to the 2020 updates previously done by others.

Two hours plus to download to USB, another hour plus to install in car.

As previously noted lost all presets and now have get use to the new look. All previously saved destinations lost. Thankfully i had saved a lot of them on Bluelink.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
It was a massive update for my 2021 Limited. Finally catching up to the 2020 updates previously done by others.

Two hours plus to download to USB, another hour plus to install in car.

As previously noted lost all presets and now have get use to the new look. All previously saved destinations lost. Thankfully i had saved a lot of them on Bluelink.
Not lost, should be in your guest profile. You should be able to copy them over with a USB drive if you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I have the 2021 palisade with the three way split screen. Map, radio, weather for the home screen. Am I understanding this correctly.... the update will remove this feature? Is it worth updating then if that’s the case?

·
Registered
232 Posts
So I have the 2021 palisade with the three way split screen. Map, radio, weather for the hole screen. Am I understanding this correctly.... the update will remove this feature? Is it worth updating then if that’s the case?
I haven't had a chance to really get into it; but my early impressions lean towards a cleaner look?

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I have the 2021 palisade with the three way split screen. Map, radio, weather for the home screen. Am I understanding this correctly.... the update will remove this feature? Is it worth updating then if that’s the case?
If not for the updated maps, its not worth updating in my opinion. I liked the 3 way split screen.

Edit: I guess the cameras warnings is good to get the update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If not for the updated maps, its not worth updating in my opinion. I liked the 3 way split screen.

Edit: I guess the cameras warnings is good to get the update.

Maybe I read super fast but the link by the OP doesn't mention anything in regards to updating the map database.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It’s a navigation update. Updated maps are the main feature here. Everything else is just extra.
It also updated my radio on my 2021 Limited. I imagine my model was behind most with 2020's. It was the first update I saw that included 2021 unless I missed earlier ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i sadly have not done any of the updates to my 2020 limited. Are you saying if I do this one I lose mt 3 way split? i Love that feature! Maybe others can let us know if we do truly lose this!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
i sadly have not done any of the updates to my 2020 limited. Are you saying if I do this one I lose mt 3 way split? i Love that feature! Maybe others can let us know if we do truly lose this!
This update (and the November 2020 one as well) change the home screen from a three-tile layout to a vague map overlaid with weather, audio info, and time. All other functionality of the system is the same.

If you are really tied to the appearance of those three tiles, then you probably do not want to move on to the current version.

I am personally always using CarPlay so I never see the home screen anyway. I do not care about changes there in the least. Many internet complainers have been less than enthusiastic about the changes, however.

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited AWD burgundy w/light tan interior
45 Posts
I’m unable to get the Mac installer to work this time. As soon as it tries to format the disk it throws up an error. I’ll try the PC version later.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
Would you be willing to explain how to copy them over to a flash drive and then into the proper Profile?
Thanks
In your guest profile, go to setup > navigation > others > user data

Insert a USB drive, preferably a blank one because the system will want to delete it.

Push “Export saved places…”

Go to your main profile.

Navigate back to that same screen in settings.

Push “Import saved places…”

Your saved/previous destinations should now be in your desired profile.

Note this is only for navigation data, not for radio presets. Fortunately that shouldn’t be too hard since those are all in numerical order for the last few updates anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Sure doesn't work like soundhound in the Mercedes.
Might help if Hyundai gave us a guide/manual

·
Registered
6 Posts

Everything else got a update but the look of the radio kinda disappointed really don’t like the look of it but guess I’ll have to live with it .

1 - 20 of 128 Posts