Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve had the car for a few months. Apple Car Play seems to work however it wants to. Isn't the phone supposed to work through the speaker when using car play (phone calls)? We'll have the media on radio with the phone plugged in, then it will randomly jump to Amazon Music without us touching a thing.
Phone is up to date. Is there a need or way to update the car firmware?

·
Registered
465 Posts
We’ve had the car for a few months. Apple Car Play seems to work however it wants to. Isn't the phone supposed to work through the speaker when using car play (phone calls)? We'll have the media on radio with the phone plugged in, then it will randomly jump to Amazon Music without us touching a thing.
Phone is up to date. Is there a need or way to update the car firmware?
Haven't had an issue. It's a long shot, but try a different cable before contacting your dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am not completely clear on what you're seeing.... It works. It works sometimes, etc. You do not mention Trim level and options. None the less All Trims support both Apple Car play, blue tooth audio and Android Auto. Under settings you get to decide which of these are enabled and set up. You also get to choose what service/phone is dominant and should auto connect. Priority wise.

Barring anything else you might want to reboot your phone and there is a reset micro reset button about paper clip size that you can reset the AV system if it seems to be misbehaving.

As to which Application on your phone should be dominant and running though Apple car play you can choose the App from the Car AV/ Apple Car play App or what ever app you leave in the foreground on your phone.

I will say that sometimes people leave many apps open on their phone. And the Iphone is designed to pause the background ones. That said you might want to close competing apps from time to time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good thought. However, it made no difference. I’m going to try the reset. However, can anyone confirm that they’re able to have a phone conversation through the car’s speakers with the phone plugged into USB using Apple CarPlay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts