Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One week into my scuff-free 21 Black on Black Calligraphy and I'm looking for ways to protect its condition. One think that always bugged me if having the door sills all scratched up from people's shoes as they enter/exit the car.

Do you think putting a 3M Paint Protection film on the plastic and aluminum pieces would stay on and be effective? Also what would they look like if you had to apply a new sheet after some time? Would the previous glue residue come through on the new application?

·
Registered
2021 Caligraphy Palisade AWD - White ext / Brown int
37 Posts
I have every painted surface wrapped in a 3M type product, including the blacked out pillar in the back of the between the rear doors and back side windows.
Since I have a White vehicle I didn't want to get the "Chocolate Chip Cookie" effect (black spots on the white body) on my vehicle.

Not sure about the aluminum but if its painted it can be covered.

Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One week into my scuff-free 21 Black on Black Calligraphy and I'm looking for ways to protect its condition. One think that always bugged me if having the door sills all scratched up from people's shoes as they enter/exit the car.

Do you think putting a 3M Paint Protection film on the plastic and aluminum pieces would stay on and be effective? Also what would they look like if you had to apply a new sheet after some time? Would the previous glue residue come through on the new application?
I was looking to have the center aluminum section protected with PPF. I have seen PPF over the plastic and it is really not that appealing. Yes it will help protect it but it looks like you have saran wrap over your plastic.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
205 Posts

I believe they already do this straight from the factory. Look at the area behind the wheel wells. I think you will see 6” x 6” ish 3M type protective sticker patches.

I have color-matched or clear patches on my Palisade. I did not put them there.

Made me wish that they would sell these patches and that they would put them on the vehicle in the statistically high door ding areas. After a few dings, just peel them off and put new ones back on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe they already do this straight from the factory. Look at the area behind the wheel wells. I think you will see 6” x 6” ish 3M type protective sticker patches.

I have color-matched or clear patches on my Palisade. I did not put them there.

Made me wish that they would sell these patches and that they would put them on the vehicle in the statistically high door ding areas. After a few dings, just peel them off and put new ones back on.
They do have some plastic film on them direct from the factory but it is not clear and you can tell that if it is kicked that it would come off very easily. I have some clear PPF ordered already, once it arrives i will peel off the factory pieces so I can replace with the better material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts