Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the regular non LED lights. The high beams are pretty weak, would like to replace with LED bulbs. Has anyone found a good way to access them or have tips? I can just barely get my hand down there to feel the bulb, but cant get enough room to actually loosen it.

thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Only swap the Low beams unless your very dexterous/made of rubber. if you get them out your not likely to get the new ones back in.

Not to state obvious but low beams are on top easier to reach the high beams on bottom very hard to reach and manipulate the bulbs.

Lastly low beams are easier modules. High beams harder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the low beams, but the high beams are just terrible. It’s like a flashlight strapped to the center of the hood aimed at the sky. There is no way Hyundai designed the high beam bulb replacement to be a $500 full front end removal job, so there must be some trick or tool im missing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Its not that it can’t be done, just Definitely not easy. I actually started by accident not realizing that low was on top. Got frustrated putting it back (did not disconnect wiring though). Local mechanic Garage person apprentice put it back for me after some struggle. Would not tackle if your in a rush. I gave up after 10 minutes. Was late in day. Mechanic was closing soon, light was starting to fade.. Or pay a local mechanic to do agree on price in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the regular non LED lights. The high beams are pretty weak, would like to replace with LED bulbs. Has anyone found a good way to access them or have tips? I can just barely get my hand down there to feel the bulb, but cant get enough room to actually loosen it.

thanks!
I replaced 2020 Palisade high beam light bulbs for LEDs in 40 minutes. In order to replace it you need to get access from the wheel well. That is the correct way to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Which bulb did you buy? Do you have a link?
  1. For the low beam I bought the "SEALIGHT P1 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs" on Amazon: Amazon.com: SEALIGHT P1 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs 2020, Projector Lens 9005 LED Bulb with 340% Brightness, Plug-and-Play, 6000K Bright White, 50,000+ Hour Lifespan: Automotive
  2. For the high beam I bought the "SEALIGHT P1 H7 LED Headlight Bulbs" on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083TLP7J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. You will also need this "H7 LED Headlight Bulb Adapter Holder Socket" to install the high beam: Amazon.com: GZXY H7 LED Headlight Car Bulb Adapter Holder Socket for KIA K3 K4 K5 Sorento SportageR Coupe Grand Santa Fe Hyundai Sonata9 Coupe Veloster 2pcs: Automotive
Remember: Low beam light bulbs are changed from above and high beam light bulbs are changed from below. You have to remove part of the wheel well to get access.
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts

thanks!
Low beam light bulbs are changed from above and high beam light bulbs are changed from below. You have to remove part of the wheel well to get access.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Low Beams are easy. As I noted earlier in thread pay attention to the fine print details. Most companies selling LED bulbs are giving Lumens/watt equivalent for both bulbs not one bulb like there supposed to unless you read the fine print. So if your looking at 100 watt /10,000 Lumen there really 50 watt and or 5000 lumen each. They usually fess up in the details section.

Its a catch 22. If company A is doing it Company B has to do it or no one will look at their bulbs.
Try to find a bulb that is adjustable housing in case you have to change the angle. Mine just worked but that is not always the case. Note regular bulbs put out light in a 360 arc LED do not.

** As always read the reviews.

As to the High Beam part I am ok with stock for now.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL w/ Convenience Package
6 Posts
  1. For the low beam I bought the "SEALIGHT P1 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs" on Amazon: Amazon.com: SEALIGHT P1 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs 2020, Projector Lens 9005 LED Bulb with 340% Brightness, Plug-and-Play, 6000K Bright White, 50,000+ Hour Lifespan: Automotive
  2. For the high beam I bought the "SEALIGHT P1 H7 LED Headlight Bulbs" on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083TLP7J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. You will also need this "H7 LED Headlight Bulb Adapter Holder Socket" to install the high beam: Amazon.com: GZXY H7 LED Headlight Car Bulb Adapter Holder Socket for KIA K3 K4 K5 Sorento SportageR Coupe Grand Santa Fe Hyundai Sonata9 Coupe Veloster 2pcs: Automotive
Remember: Low beam light bulbs are changed from above and high beam light bulbs are changed from below. You have to remove part of the wheel well to get access.
Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. It’s really easy going through the wheel well.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
240 Posts
Good luck!
Any issues with the replacements?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good luck!
along with an install guide, this should be a STICKY in this thread forum. this way, as we all accumulate miles on our Palisades and the time comes to replace our headlights, we have a STICKIED install guide that we can look into. its our first time to have a vehicle with LED lights and i heard/read they're supposed to last longer? how much longer?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
along with an install guide, this should be a STICKY in this thread forum. this way, as we all accumulate miles on our Palisades and the time comes to replace our headlights, we have a STICKIED install guide that we can look into. its our first time to have a vehicle with LED lights and i heard/read they're supposed to last longer? how much longer?
Depends how much night driving you do, but for a lot of people, they’ll last the lifetime of the vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck!
So you have to use an adapter for the high beams? Nothing that plugs in (kinda like my LED low beams)?

·
Registered
240 Posts
No issues, I am very pleased with this LED light bulbs illumination. The high beam pattern can be adjusted by turning the light bulb left or right. The low beam is pretty straightforward, Kind of "plug & play". For the low beam no adjustment is necessary.
Man, I tried, I really tried. There is no way I could get the low beam bulbs to lock into place. I tried 3 different days over a period of a month. I just could not get them installed. Yesterday was the last day to return them to Amazon, so I sent them back for a refund. Maybe my hands are too big or something, but I could get the original bulb in and out without a problem. Just not the LED's. And yes, I used the exact ones you linked to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, I tried, I really tried. There is no way I could get the low beam bulbs to lock into place. I tried 3 different days over a period of a month. I just could not get them installed. Yesterday was the last day to return them to Amazon, so I sent them back for a refund. Maybe my hands are too big or something, but I could get the original bulb in and out without a problem. Just not the LED's. And yes, I used the exact ones you linked to.
It definitely has to be the size of your hands, my older brother is 6'2 "tall and has the same problem as you. You should have asked someone else to change it. What a bummer!

·
Registered
240 Posts
It definitely has to be the size of your hands, my older brother is 6'2 "tall and has the same problem as you. You should have asked someone else to change it. What a bummer!
Maybe when I buy the grill and put that in, I'll also do the headlights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts