Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a simple way to play CDs in the Palisade. Yes I am showing my age but I have a lot of material on CDs that I would like to listen too while driving this awesome vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Create your music in a folder on your home computer, and when you have a ton of music, copy the contents of that folder to a "low profile" usb drive for the car. I would keep that folder on your computer as a backup, so that if anything happens to your usb drive, you can just copy the contents back to another usb drive.
You really do want to use a low profile usb drive so that you don't break it when its plugged in, in the car.
Just search Amazon for a low profile drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another possible solution is a portable car Bluetooth CD player. Just pair it’s bluetooth audio output with you vehicle and the audio should come out the speakers. It’s small enough to fit in the console. See link below.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Assuming you have an iPhone or Android phone you could just rip the CDs to your Mac (as described above) and then just sync the songs to your phone and play from your phone in the car - either through Bluetooth or Apple Car Play or Android Auto. I think this is the most simple method.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just rip them to a usb drive...
I copied some .cda files to a stick but they are not recognized by the car at the usb port. It lists the radio only. The mode button just turns the radio off but no other media choices show up. Is ripping different than just a file copy?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I copied some .cda files to a stick but they are not recognized by the car at the usb port. It lists the radio only. The mode button just turns the radio off but no other media choices show up. Is ripping different than just a file copy?
It's not quite that simple....as you've found out. You want to "rip" the CD to MP3 format.
This video, along with many others, will give you the general (or even specific) idea. Let us know how you make out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts