Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice Engine @ Auto-Off turns itself Off. That is the indicator for Auto-Off is not infrequently no longer lit on the center console panel. I always turn it back on. I suspect that has to do with engine cold condition but I swear I have seen at other times. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes. It's normal. It won't always turn the engine off. It depends on many factors. Engine temp is just one of them. The temperature of the cabin is another. There's a couple pages in the manual dedicated to explaining how and when the auto start/stop won't activate. I would check them out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will do. I meant more that the @ AUTO OFF status light keeps turning itself off as well. However perhaps that is the way it tells you it's not going to turn off. Confusing though.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks will do. I meant more that the @ AUTO OFF status light keeps turning itself off as well. However perhaps that is the way it tells you it's not going to turn off. Confusing though.
Yeah it does do that. I ignore it and rely on the dash icon: green means it’s turned off. Amber means it decided not to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So yeah its in the manual starting on Page 5-50. The system is called: ISG

LOL, so i had it completely backwards:
- So when the Amber light is on in the Console: The ISG OFF button indicator illuminates. When the system is deactivated:

In the instrument cluster -The auto stop indicator @ Goes OFF on the instrument cluster, when the engine is restarted.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SEL no options: Had one very happy experience today and an observation about Auto Off...
Today had to work from home, to take my kid to Orthodondist and neglected to bring my Key Fob. As it was cold my wife had Remote started car and I dropped her off at the train.

The car screamed when she got out figured it was because her fob started the car. It was not until I got to the Orthodondist that i noticed the car was displaying NO KEY FOB in car. For once I was happy the car could be kept running without a fob present. I had to send my Son in without me. I naturally had to stay in car. Little nerve racking did not want to get stranded 10 miles from home without our Fob.

As to the regular Engine off I have noticed that it seems sensitive to the amount of break pressure. Perhaps it is only a coincidence, but when I increased break pressure at a STOP the engine did Auto OFF much more frequently then when the pressure was much lower. Anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
As to the regular Engine off I have noticed that it seems sensitive to the amount of break pressure. Perhaps it is only a coincidence, but when I increased break pressure at a STOP the engine did Auto OFF much more frequently then when the pressure was much lower. Anyone else notice that?
Yes. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. You can "tell" the system not to turn off by not pressing the pedal as hard. This was explained to us by our dealership when we took delivery. It's pretty cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts