Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've attached a picture to let everyone see. I was installing our new tuxmat when I noticed this. We had the oem carpet mats since we left the lot so it didn't occur to me to look under them. Anyone know what's going on underneath?

It's on the driver's side under the 2nd row captain's chair.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've attached a picture to let everyone see. I was installing our new tuxmat when I noticed this. We had the oem carpet mats since we left the lot so it didn't occur to me to look under them. Anyone know what's going on underneath?

I don't see a picture

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just went out to look at mine and I don't have that problem. Sorry but it looks like a one time thing you have and definitely should be a warranty item - good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to take a look at it later today. It was getting dark out and I was tired lol.

I did lift it up and it looks like it gets you access underneath the body. To what I'm not sure. It did look like there was a rubber grommet as well.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've had other cars with access to the fuel pump through an access cut out in the carpet. The haphazard stapling is a little weird though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had other cars with access to the fuel pump through an access cut out in the carpet. The haphazard stapling is a little weird though.
Ah I see. I guess it's something for larger cars. Ya the staples are what gets to me. It makes it look like I did it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah I see. I guess it's something for larger cars. Ya the staples are what gets to me. It makes it look like I did it.
It’s in mine also, my build date is 10/23/19
I haven’t noticed any fuel system issues or problems in the forum.
I guess that’s where the gas tank is located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar cut in mine. I have attached a photo. I noticed mine after doing some vacuuming. I called the dealership and they said it was something they do with all new Palisades. They stated it was incase they need to replace the carpet. I didn't buy it. I plan to reach out to some other local dealers.
20200309_091910.jpg
20200309_091910.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just checked, and mine has it too, that's good to know incase the fuel pump goes out, it makes it way easier to change it out than having to drop the tank to do it :)

·
Registered
120 Posts

View attachment 876
hi

mine has it.
They all have it. It just for easy access. The staples are connecting the Velcro piece. My 2013 Nissan minivan has the same cutout in 2nd row, behind driver side. However there are no staples because there is no Velcro closure.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts