Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
50 Posts
Best to work with a local dealer if you can. By the time you get through travel/shipping and whatever else, you will have lots of unanticipated costs. If you have a trade-in, see if you can get them to increase that some, so the total outlay to you is less. I got them to increase the trade-in value 3K for my Lincoln MKT towards my Palisade last month, and the initial offer was nearly what I paid for the car I traded after driving it for two years.

They are offering crazy money for trades these days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Best to work with a local dealer if you can. By the time you get through travel/shipping and whatever else, you will have lots of unanticipated costs. If you have a trade-in, see if you can get them to increase that some, so the total outlay to you is less. I got them to increase the trade-in value 3K for my Lincoln MKT towards my Palisade last month, and the initial offer was nearly what I paid for the car I traded after driving it for two years.

They are offering crazy money for trades these days.
I wish I could have worked with my local dealer. One of the biggest car dealerships in Arkansas is charging a $10,000 mark up on new palisades. This makes is well worth driving 5 hours to Dallas to purchase the vehicle for no mark up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone close to the Midwest area should contact Ron Marhofer Hyundai in the Akron, OH area. While I live about 4 1/2 hours away, I've been looking for a Palisade locally (I live between Lexington & Louisville KY and Cincinnati, OH areas), and while local would have been my preference; I'm thrilled I took the time to seek out someone not playing games with "Market Adjustments" ($3,500--$10,000), "Dealer Add-On Packages", etc. to drastically mark-up their vehicles above MSRP.

After getting a more than fair offer for my trade in (similar to CarMax's offer), and the dealership sticking to their MSRP pricing, with only a $250 document fee; I ended up besting the best offer I'd received "locally" by close to $10,000, and bettered one deal by around $18K. Well worth the drive in my opinion! Personnel at the dealer couldn't have been more helpful, and didn't pressure any add-ons, etc.; but rather stuck exactly to the deal we discussed online & over the phone. Only ask $100 deposit to hold an incoming vehicle which arrived near the estimated date.

Extended warranties, protection plans were offered, but were not pressured and were fairly priced (up to half what some were offering). Salesperson I dealt with was Earl Witherspoon (330-671-0448) couldn't have been more helpful, and kept me informed throughout. Great, honest folks and a breath of fresh air, after dealing with all kinds of games, false promises, etc. meant to lure us to the dealership for the hard sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the market for a Tuscan blue 2022 limited gray not paying covid mark up the suv wasn't made during then and available to sell don't want ad on either Louisville ky and Indianapolis want 5000 or more any suggestions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased my Palisade Limited from DeMontrond Hyundai in Texas City and paid under MSRP. They were the only dealer in the greater Houston area that was not charging me a crazy mark-up, dealer add-ons, or "Market Adjustment". Definitely expand your search and even consider making your purchase from a different city and or state if you have to.
I called DeMontrond Hyundai of Texas City yesterday. They advised that they are doing a 3K mark up...Don't waist your time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the Houston area and since 2020 I bought 3 Hyundai cars and 2 of them were during the covid era. No markups on any of them - just MSRP.

Your results may vary but my most recent purchase was just few days ago. Got a Santa Cruz at MSRP from Sterling McCall - ask for Lisa Priest
That's who we worked with through a referral and she is awesome

I got my Palisade in June 2020 from North Freeway Hyundai and about 6 months before that my wife got a Tucson from there as well. No markups. I worked with Paul Clos on both.

Hope that helps

I called both dealers last week. Sterling McCall is selling at MSRP with s 2600 add on package. North Fwy is adding a 3K market adjustment.

·
Registered
2022 Burgundy Limited Palisade
2 Posts
Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but in CT I found 2 dealers for sure selling at MSRP.

Brandfon Hyundai in New Haven, CT (where I bought my 2022 Limited last month)

Key Hyundai in Milford, CT

Both tried to sell the Simoniz GlassShied or whatever it was called, for $800-$1,000, but neither required it.

Meanwhile all of the KIA dealers I checked in the with area wanted on average of 5K markup. I liked the exterior of the Telluride better, but preferred the interior of the Palisade. The lack of stock on Tellurides, and the crazy markups on Telluride made my decision easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in NJ, but If anyone is the area around NYC I paid $400 over sticker at Jamaica Hyundai. I called and the salesguy and he gave me the $10k runaround on a vehicle that was coming in. Told him I would only pay sticker and thanked him. He called me back half hour later saying they had one on the lot that just got there a few days prior, which for some reason I must have missed it in my search. He agreed at sticker but got charged $400 over. Long story...

Anyways, I wont mention the salesman I dealt with cause he did beat me for the $400, but they did seem eager to sell some cars. I think now these things are starting to come in more and more {my local dealer is sitting on 4 or 5 of them} there will be better deals coming.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
240 Posts
$400 is not bad, but kinda stupid with social media now days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Houston area, I called around multiple dealers. I even reached out to Bob Stalling in Dallas who informed me that they now only sell when they have the vehicle as first come, first serve in person-They're trying to satisfy local demand. My vehicle of choice was a Palisade SEL AWD with NO PREMIUM PACKAGE upgrade. I checked Sterling McCall Southwest Fwy and they had a dealer addendum that was reasonable 1,500 (tint, resistol, door handle giluard protection) with a 500 Resistol Credit. With my first responder 500 rebate, the vehicle total with TTL came out to 43,695. I also learned the other Sterling McCall location-South Loop is being bought by a Canadian company and that is why their dealer package was over 3K. If you are shopping Sterling McCall Southwest FWY, ask for Tim Vinning, he will take great care of you!
Font Parallel Document Paper product Paper

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but in CT I found 2 dealers for sure selling at MSRP.

Brandfon Hyundai in New Haven, CT (where I bought my 2022 Limited last month)

Key Hyundai in Milford, CT

Both tried to sell the Simoniz GlassShied or whatever it was called, for $800-$1,000, but neither required it.

Meanwhile all of the KIA dealers I checked in the with area wanted on average of 5K markup. I liked the exterior of the Telluride better, but preferred the interior of the Palisade. The lack of stock on Tellurides, and the crazy markups on Telluride made my decision easier.
You made right choice. Telluride looks like an older Land Rover, inside and out...Palisade looks like the future...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts