Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m currently in the market to purchase a Burgundy Palisade for my wife. Dealerships are asking crazy markups in my area (Houston Tx). If you’ve had a great experience recently with a reasonable priced purchase, I’d appreciate your input. Preferably in Texas but definitely willing to travel. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Purchased my Palisade Limited from DeMontrond Hyundai in Texas City and paid under MSRP. They were the only dealer in the greater Houston area that was not charging me a crazy mark-up, dealer add-ons, or "Market Adjustment". Definitely expand your search and even consider making your purchase from a different city and or state if you have to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been working with Bob Stallings out of Dallas. They do not charge any dealership fees and have been great to work with. I will be going to pick up the car during the first week of February! Very excited.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Rssuv
Great question. I got in touch with one of the sales people and they were able to monitor what was going to be in transit. He was able to see about 1-2 months into the future. Once he saw the car I was looking for, he let me know and we began the process of reserving it. Not a totally seamless process, but definitely worth the wait to not pay some of the unreasonable markups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks GLee, I’ve tried talking to a few sales guys on incomings and it’s as if they don’t want to help only what they have on lot is what they sell.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
364 Posts
Hello, I’m currently in the market to purchase a Burgundy Palisade for my wife. Dealerships are asking crazy markups in my area (Houston Tx). If you’ve had a great experience recently with a reasonable priced purchase, I’d appreciate your input. Preferably in Texas but definitely willing to travel. Thanks
I am in the Houston area and since 2020 I bought 3 Hyundai cars and 2 of them were during the covid era. No markups on any of them - just MSRP.

Your results may vary but my most recent purchase was just few days ago. Got a Santa Cruz at MSRP from Sterling McCall - ask for Lisa Priest
That's who we worked with through a referral and she is awesome

I got my Palisade in June 2020 from North Freeway Hyundai and about 6 months before that my wife got a Tucson from there as well. No markups. I worked with Paul Clos on both.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know it's a distance but Brandfon Hyundai in New Haven CT. has a burgundy sel in transit.This dealorship does not do markups.I was able to get $1500 off MSRP 3 months ago for Calligraphy. Maybe ship it or road trip and still save money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brown's Leesburg Hyundai in Virginia. Excellent sales experience, took advantage of year end (2020) discount plus got a veteran's discount too. Been back for two free maintenance service and was done flawlessly. But last month, did notice they did not have any cars inside the showroom! Very hard to get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY 2 cents I was lucky to purchase my 2020 Palisade in May of 2020 with no mark up and below sticker. If I was to purchase now no vechicle especially a SUV is worth a mark up or sticker price... I like my Palisade but it;s not worth mark ups or sticker...

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
240 Posts
The Tampa Bay area New Port Richie Hyundai did not charge a markup the end of last summer when I purchased. Said they never will, but I would check first.

Reactions: angellmartinez
1 - 20 of 34 Posts