Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are making things up. This must be Carpet, Cargo Net etc. but should not cost even close to $1499 ask them specifically. I got my Palisade Limited FWD White with Beige last Saturday for $46320 (Before Tax , Title and registration )

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Not this Palisade but the car I had before this, The dealer tried to give me an appearance package.
It was a ceramic coating, interior protection coating, extra tinting on windows. I refused to pay it so
they took that off at that time. It is just a way for them to make a bigger profit.
You can always ask them what was in the appearance package when you go in for service.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was watching YouTube videos and a recent review displayed a White Limited with a unique Hyundai pin strip down the side of the car. It was definitely the first time I noticed a pin strip on the Palisade. If this is part of the "appearance package"...I personally thought the strip looked nice on the white...but it surely wouldn't be worth $1499.

-- 1:40 mark

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I emailed the dealer anonymously. It is not the carpeted floor mats and the bumper protection. Those are called port added items. They are tossed in when they arrive on the west coast. Locking wheel nuts, etc. All the pure profit crap they make you eat. Here is what the dealer said the appearance package was and how he claimed it was negotiable.

Good morning Mark,
Thank you for responding to our email. Our appearance package consists of any dealer pin stripping, door edge guards, vehicle details, loaner car service, and 6 oils changes. I can assure you that we have never lost a deal over this. Do you have any other questions? When would you be able to stop in for a test drive?
Now a couple of oil changes is worth a couple of bucks to me. Say $150 and the loaner car is worth a couple of bucks as well, but I am a long long way from $1500.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have door edge guards on my car and they do a great job protecting the edges. Thinking about adding them to the wife's Palisade. The door edges on her old car were all beat up from the kids hitting them on everything. $1500 is obviously ridiculous. $500 maybe, considering the 6 oil changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts