Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I’m negotiating my deal before I put down my deposit on the 2023 Calligraphy. I have the quote from Crystal, and it still matches what everyone else is reporting. I can’t wait to see what the other local dealer responds with tomorrow when I ask them to match it ;)

My question is - has anyone used the warranty yet? Just want to make sure it’s all legit. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
769 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I’m negotiating my deal before I put down my deposit on the 2023 Calligraphy. I have the quote from Crystal, and it still matches what everyone else is reporting. I can’t wait to see what the other local dealer responds with tomorrow when I ask them to match it ;)

My question is - has anyone used the warranty yet? Just want to make sure it’s all legit. Thank you!
It's the Hyundai factory warranty, so it has to be more legit than any of those 3rd party ones former hip hop rappers or former athletes promote. You may be able to bring in Crystal's quote and get your dealer to match or beat it. She does make a few bucks on it and your dealer may be willing to take a bit less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Being in Canada I can't benefit from Crystal's pricing and declined the coverage at the dealership today when I placed my order.

The 8 year 160,000km platinum plan (the highest one) was something like $4200, which when declined they bumped down to $2600 with a $100 deductible. Still turned it down. I think near $2000-2200 I'd grab it.
That's interesting. I got offered a discounted $3600 with $100 deductible which I said I will think about. So, I should be aiming for the same ballpark as you. Frankly, I am thinking of putting aside $100 per month which will give me a $6000 Repair piggybank by the time Hyunda'is comprehensive warranty expires. That way, I keep the excess money if I don't spend much post-warranty.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts

Make sure that it is a true Hyundai warranty, like Crystal sells, and not some third-party crap.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts

When negotiating with your dealer and you ask them to match Crystal's deal remember that with her there's no sales tax on the purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got an email quote from Crystal yesterday. She said she sells at $300.00 over cost and no sales tax. 10yr/100,000 mile “0” deductible is $1398. 10yr/120,000 mile “0” deductible is $1598. If my dealer can’t match including no sales tax, she will get my business.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
769 Posts
Got an email quote from Crystal yesterday. She said she sells at $300.00 over cost and no sales tax. 10yr/100,000 mile “0” deductible is $1398. 10yr/120,000 mile “0” deductible is $1598. If dealer can’t match including no sales tax, she will get my business.
That's the same price I paid 2 years ago too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am about to ask a couple of real dumb questions, so please bare with me. I am about to put down a deposit on Palisade and this will be first brand new car.

1) Does this warranty apply after the 5 year Hyundai Bumper-to-Bumper warranty expire. I am only planning on keeping the car for about 5 years, so does it make sense to buy it?

2) Should i be negotiating the price of this package with my dealer now? The dealer is about 400 miles from me, so i will put a lot of miles on the first day itself. If i want to get this package from Crystal how long do i have after buying the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am about to ask a couple of real dumb questions, so please bare with me. I am about to put down a deposit on Palisade and this will be first brand new car.

1) Does this warranty apply after the 5 year Hyundai Bumper-to-Bumper warranty expire. I am only planning on keeping the car for about 5 years, so does it make sense to buy it?

2) Should i be negotiating the price of this package with my dealer now? The dealer is about 400 miles from me, so i will put a lot of miles on the first day itself. If i want to get this package from Crystal how long do i have after buying the car?
1. The time starts from your day 1; this just extends the standard 5 years to 10 years.
2. From Crystal: “All of my prices are only $300 over cost and 100% tax free. These prices are good for Original Owners purchasing at 10,000 miles or less. “

161 - 171 of 171 Posts