Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think I saw it before but just can’t find it. How soon do I need to buy the VSC to get the Crystal price? Within in 10miles or 1000miles
Don’t recall the mileage stipulation but I got mine within the two weeks of my purchase. Probably was less than 500 miles. Crystal didn’t raise any concerns with that mileage.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I think I saw it before but just can’t find it. How soon do I need to buy the VSC to get the Crystal price? Within in 10miles or 1000miles?
You can no longer get the 10y/120K miles if your car has more than 10K miles. You can still get the 10y/100K miles though. I don’t know when you stop being eligible for that one. So you have plenty of time.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts
Crystal at Burlington Hyundai is the best. Platinum plans with no deductible. $1,398 for 10 years 100,000 miles or $1,598 for 10 years 120,000 miles. Looked far and wide and couldn’t find any better on a true Hyundai plan. You might find lower for a third party but it won’t be accepted everywhere and I consider them a waste of money. Email her at [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the 2021, the cost on the Factory 120k / 10 year $0 deductible is $1298. The lady in VT sells it for $300 over that.

So, just go to your dealer at the first oil change and tell them you could buy it online for slightly over cost, but that you would rather do business with them. I did that and got it for $1498 written up as if I bought it with the car -- it took all of 10 minutes. I have heard you have to do it within the first 10K miles to get the same price, but I don't really know if that is true.

If I had a base model I would probably skip it but the Calligraphy has all kinds of electronic crap on it that is going to be real expensive to fix if it breaks, so this seemed like a reasonable investment to me and we will likely be keeping the car well past 120K.

I'll bet they would even sell it for $100 over cost if you played hardball :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the HPP with 100k/10year and $0 deductible from Crystal last week. Super smooth experience and no confusion at all. A few emails and it was done.

I did ask for HPP when I purchased my Calligraphy at my local dealership. The dealership had not even mentioned HPP before I asked them specifically. They tried to sell me the Zurich one with they said basically the same coverage as HPP but with $100 deductible. However, it was $2000 which included $200 discount for me. I tried to cut it down but they were pretty firm with $2k.

·
Registered
2002 Palisade Calligraphy
33 Posts
Another positive review for Crystal. I just purchased the HPP for 10yrs and 120k miles. It was easy as pie dealing with her. It's also nice to see in the contract that she waived the $198 document fee. The dealership that I bought my Palisade from wanted nearly $3,000 with a $100 deductible for 10 years and 100k miles.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
90 Posts
Another vote for Crystal.. I bought one for my slightly used Pali and it was still a great deal. Crystal Careau
Burlington Hyundai Subaru
Business Manager
c: 802-557-5772
w: 802-660-8099 ext. 147
f: 802-660-3400

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just want to contrast the experience with Crystal versus the dealership experience:

I was already tired/annoyed from the long day of shopping and waiting for the salesperson to slowly go fetch every piece of paper. Then the finance person bored me with details and numbers, and sneaked in the protection plan options in the middle of various things for me to sign. They were priced monthly with various levels of indiscernible differences. I asked if I had to decide right away and she said yes, then backtracked and said as soon as possible. I asked to take the info with me and she quickly took them back, slickly saying that prices can change depending on the circumstances and they may not be able to offer this if I came back later. My quick mental math was that they were much higher than the Hyundai plan and didn't cover as much or transferred nationwide. So I declined and had to sign various pieces of paper saying I declined.

Thanks for the cheaper plan details on the forum! The only downside is that I'll have to pay for Crystal's plan upfront instead of rolled into my payments.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
694 Posts
$1200 up front is a heck of a lot cheaper then the $6700 total I would have paid in monthly payments if I had purchased my plan at the dealer.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
694 Posts
Think about it, if Crystal can sell it for $1200 and that's with her $200 markup then my dealer would have made a $5500 profit. Buying a car at MSRP right now is a good deal, and the dealer still makes a profit. It's all the nickel and diming where they are trying to get their big payoff. It's the old magician trick, watch this hand while the other hand is in your pocket.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts
Think about it, if Crystal can sell it for $1200 and that's with her $200 markup then my dealer would have made a $5500 profit. Buying a car at MSRP right now is a good deal, and the dealer still makes a profit. It's all the nickel and diming where they are trying to get their big payoff. It's the old magician trick, watch this hand while the other hand is in your pocket.
Crystal continues to be the best route out there. Gotta recognize someone who’s not trying to cheat you. I don’t mind someone making a profit, they have to to stay in business, but I do mind getting ripped off like so many are doing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum, I was able to purchase the extended warranty thru Crystal. I do have a question regarding it that I’m hoping someone may know the answer to. My husband recently accepted a job in Germany and we will be shipping my Palisade there soon. Will my US purchased vehicle’s original warranty (and extended warranty) cover me in Germany? Any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
694 Posts
No, the Palisade is not in Europe but you can get a prorated refund of the cost of the warranty. Also, your nav will not work in Europe either, just so you know.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts