Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Contacted Crystal and have a Platinum contract about to sign, so thank you forum. Some friends asked me why not wait a year or two But I’m not sure if you can still get coverage and doesn’t the price go up after 10,000 miles?

Another apparent reason to do it now is the ENHANCED COVERAGE during factory warranty as shown in brochure Pic. Anyone know any examples of this? Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Being in Canada I can't benefit from Crystal's pricing and declined the coverage at the dealership today when I placed my order.

The 8 year 160,000km platinum plan (the highest one) was something like $4200, which when declined they bumped down to $2600 with a $100 deductible. Still turned it down. I think near $2000-2200 I'd grab it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased an official Hyundai Protection Plan (10 years/120,000 miles/platinum/no deductible) for $1598 from Burlington Hyundai/Subaru in Burlington Vermont. All done by internet and phone with business manager Crystal Careau. Price was even less for 100,000 miles and/or $100 deductible. Purchase was an easy process. That was good as I live 2000 miles from Vermont. Crystal's contact email is:
I also purchased a 10 years/120,000 mile Platinum $0 deductible HPP today from Crystal. Last week I cancelled the one I purchased from my dealer and had to wait until it was off my account. I saved a bunch of money. Her phone is (802) 557-5772. Her email is [email protected]

Bob

·
Registered
109 Posts
Being in Canada I can't benefit from Crystal's pricing and declined the coverage at the dealership today when I placed my order.

The 8 year 160,000km platinum plan (the highest one) was something like $4200, which when declined they bumped down to $2600 with a $100 deductible. Still turned it down. I think near $2000-2200 I'd grab it.
Pick up my car tomorrow and the dealership is now offering $2,275 Canadian ($1,800 USD) plus tax for the 8 year/160,000 km plan. No idea what to do. Haha.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Total Warranty Services. $1750. 10year bumper to bumper guaranty. 800 870-6856

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most car manufactures seem to have a small number of dealers who make a business of selling authentic factory extended warranties just above cost via the internet. I just bought my Palisade Limited AWD but the offer for extended warranties was ridiculous ($1600 for a 3rd party "dealer backed" warranty for 10/100 or $3000 for the real Hyundai Extended Warranty). I'm a first time Hyundai customer so the 5/60 bumper to bumper normal warranty is pretty nice but would I would need is the smallest extended warranty that would cover about what I actually plan on driving with this car, 5/80. I have ZERO interest in 3rd party warranties, I want Hyundai Factory Extended Warranty bumper to bumper, or nothing at all.

Anyone know good prices or online dealers offering such a thing? I had (perhaps wrongly) assumed that these warranties wouldn't be that expensive since the base warranty is already 5/60 and I've found great deals with Honda, Toyota, GMC etc. in the past coming from 3/36 base warranties.

Thanks!
I purchased a 10 year, 120,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty from Brookshire Hyundai in Texas for US$2350.00 I thought that was a good price!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all the great info on this thread. We just purchased a 2021 Calligraphy and were told by the dealer that the Platinum 10yr/120k $0 deductible was $3400 and non-negotiable. We purchased it for peace of mind. I'm going to reach out to one of the dealers suggested above to see if I have options to refund and repurchase at a lower cost. I'll post here how it goes...

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
I purchased a 10 year, 120,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty from Brookshire Hyundai in Texas for US$2350.00 I thought that was a good price!
Ouch. You could have gotten it for $1595 through Crystal. Not sure how long ago you bought it but you can maybe cancel, get a refund and go with Crystal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for all the great info on this thread. We just purchased a 2021 Calligraphy and were told by the dealer that the Platinum 10yr/120k $0 deductible was $3400 and non-negotiable. We purchased it for peace of mind. I'm going to reach out to one of the dealers suggested above to see if I have options to refund and repurchase at a lower cost. I'll post here how it goes...
Typically you should have a 30-day grace period during which you can request a cancellation and a full refund of the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guy - we just bought the car on 3/28, so i'm going to try to get in touch with her and see how it goes. I'll post update here. Should've read this forum before buying!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also purchased a 10 years/120,000 mile Platinum $0 deductible HPP today from Crystal. Last week I cancelled the one I purchased from my dealer and had to wait until it was off my account. I saved a bunch of money. Her phone is (802) 557-5772. Her email is [email protected]

Bob
Bob, How long is the grace period you're allowed to cancel the warranty purchase from the original dealer? I've contacted Crystal; I'm just waiting to hear back. I bought my overpriced warranty on 3/28.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Those service contracts don't come into effect until the5-yr/60K-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty expires, so don't understand why people buy those things 5 years in advance. In the remote case I keep the car that long, I'd think about it depending on the reliability of the Palis at that time, and my particular vehicle history.
Because it costs more if you buy it later. And you can roll the coat into your monthly payment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most car manufactures seem to have a small number of dealers who make a business of selling authentic factory extended warranties just above cost via the internet. I just bought my Palisade Limited AWD but the offer for extended warranties was ridiculous ($1600 for a 3rd party "dealer backed" warranty for 10/100 or $3000 for the real Hyundai Extended Warranty). I'm a first time Hyundai customer so the 5/60 bumper to bumper normal warranty is pretty nice but would I would need is the smallest extended warranty that would cover about what I actually plan on driving with this car, 5/80. I have ZERO interest in 3rd party warranties, I want Hyundai Factory Extended Warranty bumper to bumper, or nothing at all.

Anyone know good prices or online dealers offering such a thing? I had (perhaps wrongly) assumed that these warranties wouldn't be that expensive since the base warranty is already 5/60 and I've found great deals with Honda, Toyota, GMC etc. in the past coming from 3/36 base warranties.

Thanks!
I purchased the 10 year B to B warranty from Brookshire Hyundai by Houston, TX. I believe I paid $2300.00 US for it. I purchased it when I purchased my new Palisade Calligraphy. BTW, I now have 2000 miles on the vehicle and I still love it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I did. Bought the 10/120,000 plan. Paid $1598 total.
Awesome. Im hoping she gets back to me quick. I was sold an electronics warranty? $2k from the dealer and didn't even think about the 3rd party thing until I pulled out my paperwork and now see it says American Warranty Corp,-- not Hyundai. I called the dealer and they said they will switch it to a Hyundai warranty on Monday. Now Im confused about the whole process.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts