Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd suggest you call, or email, Crystal at Burlington Hyundai and ask her. I suspect that the cost will be higher but still possible to buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer I bought from offered lifetime no limit on miles/time nation wide warranty plus 4 years of complimentary factory maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much did that cost? Did they give you paperwork that said that? An actual Hyundai warranty and not third party?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Came automatically with vehicle from dealer its on all there new vehicles heres a link to a palisade scroll down to description
That’s interesting. I wonder what it covers. Did they give you documentation on that?

The standard warranty is limited... but still better than other brands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He told me it covers everything other than belts breaks battery and alternator. Anything engine wise transmission ac radiator electric is covered

·
Registered
23 Posts
he also said there strict on maintenance of you miss any maintenance it may void it told him he'll see me 500 miles before oil changes

·
Registered
20 Posts
He told me it covers everything other than belts breaks battery and alternator. Anything engine wise transmission ac radiator electric is covered
It looks like it covers a lot of stuff, but you may want to check if everything is covered. Doesn't look like they cover any technology stuff, Does the warranty paperwork state that it covers more than they show on their website?

9. Please Clarify What Is Specifically Covered Under The Lakeland Automall Lifetime Warranty?
Engine: Gasoline engine: All internally lubricated parts contained within the engine block and cylinder head(s). Plus these non-internally lubricated parts: Water pump, fuel pump, valve covers, oil pan, dipstick and tube, timing belt, timing chain/belt cover, engine mounts, flywheel, ring gear, flex plate, harmonic balancer, belt tensioner and idler pulley (s), intake and exhaust manifolds. Factory installed supercharger/ turbocharger. Cylinder head, engine block and rotor housings.* Coolant, lubricants and oil filters.** Diesel engine: All of the above parts. Plus diesel fuel injection pump, fuel injectors, fuel lines.
Transmission: Automatic transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission case. Plus these non-internally lubricated parts: Transmission mount(s), oil pan, dipstick and filler tube.
Transmission case.* Fluids, lubricants and filter.** Manual transmission: All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission case. Plus these non-internally lubricated parts: Transmission mount(s). Transmission case.* Fluids, lubricants and filter.**
Transfer Case: All internally lubricated parts contained within the transfer case. Plus these non-internally lubricated parts: Electronic and vacuum engagement parts, four wheel drive automatic/semi-automatic and manually operated hub assemblies. Transfer case housing.* Lubricants.**
Drive Axle: All internally lubricated parts contained within the Front and/or Rear Drive Axle Housing. Plus the following parts: Axle shafts, axle bearings, constant velocity joints and boots, universal joints, center support bearing. Final drive housing.* Lubricants.**

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spoke to crystal today. $1398 OTD. No sales tax in Vermont. Paperwork to be emailed tomorrow to finalize. Thanks again for all the help in the forum. I too normally don’t purchase extended warranties, but I purchased first year accord in 2013 because of all the new electronics and it saved me big time, when my first year model transmission took a crap. I used Edmunds forum to shop for that warranty, again purchasing from out of state.
I used Crystal @ Burlington as well. Crystal was a delight to work with and the process was seemless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Silly question but how do i know if i have an official Hyundai warranty? Burlington Hyundai is my local dealer but due to limited availability of the paliside, I bought it in plattsburg. They gave me this warranty which costs way more than what everyone is quoting here under a plan administered by First Extended Service Corp. Reding the fine print, it says I need to bring it back to the dealer or seek prior approval for all work. Not bringing it back to plattsburg was a sticking pint as i am 36 miles by bost or 65 miles drive. They say anything within 40 miles has to go there, so a boat ride of about $40/each way for s repair sucks and I am sure they will stick the whole "well your within 40 miles according to google".

The agreement does not mention anything about like plat coverage or etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems you do not have a Hyundai extended warranty. Hyundai's warranty is good at any Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The administrator of the Hyundai Protection Plan is Safe-Guard Products International, LLC along with Hyundai Protection Plan Inc. You have a third party plan not affiliated with Hyundai.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited FWD
8 Posts
I got the exact same from Irwin Hyundai in Laconia, NH for $1100!
Do we know if this is the same Hyundai Plan Crystal is selling? Want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples. Looking to purchase a plan this week!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Silly question but how do i know if i have an official Hyundai warranty? Burlington Hyundai is my local dealer but due to limited availability of the paliside, I bought it in plattsburg. They gave me this warranty which costs way more than what everyone is quoting here under a plan administered by First Extended Service Corp. Reding the fine print, it says I need to bring it back to the dealer or seek prior approval for all work. Not bringing it back to plattsburg was a sticking pint as i am 36 miles by bost or 65 miles drive. They say anything within 40 miles has to go there, so a boat ride of about $40/each way for s repair sucks and I am sure they will stick the whole "well your within 40 miles according to google".

The agreement does not mention anything about like plat coverage or etc.
They should have an opt-out within X days for a full refund. If you are within that period, get a quote from Crystal - which should be $1398/$1598 depending on mileage, and cancel the third-party you bought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish I saw this forum before I bought my car. I haggled the dealer in general as much as he seemed to be willing to go (not much on a new limited palisade). Then I brought in the extended warranty to see if he could cut me a deal further on everything. Ended up walking out the door with $1898 for the platinum 10/100,000. But in the process he seemed to chop a little more off the selling price and trade in so probably ended up being a couple hundred less.

Seems like crystal would have been the better bet, or I should have been a slicker negotiator and walked away from the deal. May have if I saw the $1400 point of reference on here. I think if you know $1400 is available from crystal you know there is cost + some margin there. Makes sense once you believe you are at the final deal on vehicle price to try to get the warranty for closer to $1400 and make it part of the deal. Why wouldn't they want to sell it to you for a little profit if they think you are going to walk on the whole deal?

Well....be about 10 years until I have to worry about perfecting my negotiating again. This was back in March so I was about a week away from the dealerships shuttering for COVID. I really wonder had I waited a week what type of deal they would have cut the day before they were ordered to shut?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts