Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I believe it goes by where the vehicle is registered. You can inquire with Crystal at Burlington - they should know who they can and can’t sell to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought my extended warranty from Crystal. Extremely simple process at the prices shown in this forum.

I came back here to this thread after I purchased and noticed the comments regarding Florida. My vehicle is Florida registered and it never came up in the purchase process. But it did cause some apprehension.

I did a little bit of research on-line. This seems like a good reference:
(Service Warranty Overview). The way I read this is it's meant to prevent extended warranty fraudsters. In order to sell an extended warranty in Florida you have to be licensed. From that link you can search and see Hyundai Protection Plan is licensed in the state. It doesn't say anything about where you have to buy the plan. Since you are buying a Hyundai Protection Plan, and it's licensed I believe you are covered just fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought my extended warranty from Crystal. Extremely simple process at the prices shown in this forum.

I came back here to this thread after I purchased and noticed the comments regarding Florida. My vehicle is Florida registered and it never came up in the purchase process. But it did cause some apprehension.

I did a little bit of research on-line. This seems like a good reference:
(Service Warranty Overview). The way I read this is it's meant to prevent extended warranty fraudsters. In order to sell an extended warranty in Florida you have to be licensed. From that link you can search and see Hyundai Protection Plan is licensed in the state. It doesn't say anything about where you have to buy the plan. Since you are buying a Hyundai Protection Plan, and it's licensed I believe you are covered just fine.
Thanks Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased my first Palisade (Limited) on Friday for my wife and the dealer sold me the Platinum 10/120 zero deductible for $1578. Keep in mind I paid the sales tax of $145 in my home state when I registered the vehicle. Total of $1,723.

I liked the Palisade so much I bought another yesterday from a different dealer (only black interior left in the region). When I was in finance there was the hard sell for the 'wrap' of services (non-Hyundai) that added $8,000 to the cost of the deal..... I politely declined with almost a straight face and told him what price I would buy the Hyundai plan for right now. He flat out said they don't even sell the Hyundai warranty. I guess not when you are selling total protection packages for $8,000 (paint, keys, windshield, undercoating etc).

I sent an email to the finance guy at the first dealership and said I would buy an extended from him and also sent an email to Crystal (which appears to be the cheapest). If Crystal gets back to me first she will have a sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought from Crystal yesterday. Great price. Easy experience.
Thanks for the post!
Crystal...yes...working with her now. How comprehensive is the hpp. Does anyone have a list of specifically what is not covered? Are power window and locks covered? Radio? The turbo? Etc etc....I'd hate to get this and find something breaks and is not covered...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Crystal...yes...working with her now. How comprehensive is the hpp. Does anyone have a list of specifically what is not covered? Are power window and locks covered? Radio? The turbo? Etc etc....I'd hate to get this and find something breaks and is not covered...
Crystal is very upfront about everything. Ask her to send you a blank contract which specifically outlines what's covered and exclusions so you can review before committing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just concluded my purchase of the 10 year/100,000 mile Platinum Plan with $0 deductible through Crystal at Burlington, VT. Hyundai. It couldn't have been easier. Almost all was done through email until I spoke with Crystal to pay for the extended warranty. As others have said, only $1398! I would recommend Crystal to all who want the Hyundai (not a third party) extended warranty protection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just sent her off an email. Fingers crossed that I can get it.

Edit: Holy Crap. Less than two hours of sending the email I am the proud new owner of 10yr 120k Zero Deductible Platinum Warranty. "MUCH" better than the $86 a month extended warranty my dealership wanted to sell me when I purchased my Palisade. For those that are going to contact Crystal (I asked her if I could share this info)

Prices and info she will need are:

10 years/100,000 miles $0 Deductible $1,398 (all in)
10 years/120,000 miles $0 Deductible $1,598 (all in)

What is the VIN?
What is the exact mileage?
What is the purchase price of the vehicle?
What was the purchase date?
What is your address and phone number?

She said the warranty price is good as long as you are the original owner of the car, and you have less than 10,000 miles on it. I hope that info helps you all. Her contact info again:

Crystal Careau
802-557-5772
Burlington Hyundai
[email protected] (This is best for initial contact)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes Crystal. Back in March. Warranty for my dad's almost 5 year old Tucson was 1398 bumper to bumper zero deductible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Crystal Careau from Burlington Hyundai to the rescue, Bought the Platinum 10 years/120,000 miles $0 Deductible for $1,598 on Friday July 3, 2020. after the dealer tried to add it to my payments for an extra $89.00 per month ($89 x 60 = $5340) I declined, Knew I was going to buy it someplace else and I knew I didn't want the Extended Warranty on my Car Note. Give Crystal a call for AAA, 2 Thumbs Up, 5 Star Service.

Crystal Careau
802-557-5772
Burlington Hyundai
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crystal Careau from Burlington Hyundai to the rescue, Bought the Platinum 10 years/120,000 miles $0 Deductible for $1,598 on Friday July 3, 2020. after the dealer tried to add it to my payments for an extra $89.00 per month ($89 x 60 = $5340) I declined, Knew I was going to buy it someplace else and I knew I didn't want the Extended Warranty on my Car Note. Give Crystal a call for AAA, 2 Thumbs Up, 5 Star Service.

Crystal Careau
802-557-5772
Burlington Hyundai
[email protected]
I too am interested in a warranty. The email information provided about Crystal on this forum is different than what is shown on the Burlington website. I just want to make sure we are emailing the same person and not being scammed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I too am interested in a warranty. The email information provided about Crystal on this forum is different than what is shown on the Burlington website. I just want to make sure we are emailing the same person and not being scammed.

I can confirm that I dealt with Crystal at this address [email protected]. I am guessing that the address provided on the site is also valid and is simply another email alias that she uses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know if you have to bring the car into the dealer during maintenance intervals in order to maintain the warranty? I am talking about general maintenance stuff like oil changes/brakes/etc. I plan on doing my own oil changes and didnt want that to affect warranty claims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By federal law the manufacturer's required maintenance can be done by any facility or person and the warranty will still be valid. Of course it behooves the vehicle owner to keep documentation, receipts, etc as proof that the appropriate service work was done.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts