Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Another one in the win column for Crystal. A couple emails and a 2 minute phone call and all was done. Not too bad considering my dealer was literally twice the cost.

After I told the finance manager I'd purchase if he matched the price, he insisted this dealer (I purposely left the name out) was doing this illegally and he was going to report it. lol tool
It would have been better for the rest of this community (who may want to purchase an extended warranty in the future) if you didn't say those things to your dealer, because Hyundai may indeed have rules against that. I know some manufacturers don't allow dealers to sell the the manufacturer extended warranty to out of state customers. Obviously, it would not be illegal from a government point of view, but I would hate to see Hyundai clamp down on this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After the purchase is completed, you get some type of paperwork that confirm you are covered for the 10/120?
and is there a way to verify this is legit?

·
Banned
25 Posts
After the purchase is completed, you get some type of paperwork that confirm you are covered for the 10/120?
and is there a way to verify this is legit?
Yes, the dealer should send something to you, which confirms coverage. Also. after the warranty is registered with Hyundai (assuming it is the Hyundai Extended Warranty, and not a third party warranty), you can give your VIN to any Hyundai dealer and the extended warranty dates should show up in their computers. Not sure how long it takes to get registered.

Keep in mind, the above discussion involves buying it from a Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, the dealer should send something to you, which confirms coverage. Also. after the warranty is registered with Hyundai (assuming it is the Hyundai Extended Warranty, and not a third party warranty), you can give your VIN to any Hyundai dealer and the extended warranty dates should show up in their computers. Not sure how long it takes to get registered.

Keep in mind, the above discussion involves buying it from a Hyundai dealer.
Planing on buying form cristal to take advantage of that $1598 offer. Just would like to get confirmation from anyone that has already purchase from her . That the system have been updated showing their vehicle is covered under platinum service contract for 10/120K

·
Banned
25 Posts
Planing on buying form cristal to take advantage of that $1598 offer. Just would like to get confirmation from anyone that has already purchase from her . That the system have been updated showing their vehicle is covered under platinum service contract for 10/120K
I think you should pass. You are way too paranoid to purchase via email/phone.

You are not buying from Crystal, you are buying from an authorized Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those interested, I was able to get confirmation on a different forum that indeed shows up in the system.

and After much research and evaluation I just acquire the 10/120K Hyundai platinum protection plan, From
Crystal Careau
802-557-5772
Burlington Hyundai
[email protected]

total paid out the door, $1598.00

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those interested, I was able to get confirmation on a different forum that indeed shows up in the system.

and After much research and evaluation I just acquire the 10/120K Hyundai platinum protection plan, From
Crystal Careau
802-557-5772
Burlington Hyundai
[email protected]

total paid out the door, $1598.00
I also purchased the 10 year/120,000 miles zero deductible Hyundai Platinum Protection plan from Crystal today for $1598 complete. It couldn't have been easier and Crystal couldn't have been nicer. I originally messed up and gave her the wrong VIN a couple of days ago. When I alerted her of this, she simply voided the original warranty contract and emailed me a new warranty contract. This is the very best price I've found anywhere for this plan from Hyundai, and Crystal is great!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also purchased the 10 year/120,000 miles zero deductible Hyundai Platinum Protection plan from Crystal today for $1598 complete. It couldn't have been easier and Crystal couldn't have been nicer. I originally messed up and gave her the wrong VIN a couple of days ago. When I alerted her of this, she simply voided the original warranty contract and emailed me a new warranty contract. This is the very best price I've found anywhere for this plan from Hyundai, and Crystal is great!

Like others say, no brainier to get that extended coverage. it is a gamble. but only with all the electronics, only one component going bad coud make this coverage paid for it self.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like others say, no brainier to get that extended coverage. it is a gamble. but only with all the electronics, only one component going bad coud make this coverage paid for it self.
I agree. For the past 47 years, I've always done all of the work on my cars myself and I've never purchased an extended warranty. We keep all of our vehicles until they die, and I've never taken one in for service or repair unless it was a recall situation. I plan on continuing this trend with my Palisade Limited AWD, but with all of these electronics and safety features, the extended warranty is prudent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most car manufactures seem to have a small number of dealers who make a business of selling authentic factory extended warranties just above cost via the internet. I just bought my Palisade Limited AWD but the offer for extended warranties was ridiculous ($1600 for a 3rd party "dealer backed" warranty for 10/100 or $3000 for the real Hyundai Extended Warranty). I'm a first time Hyundai customer so the 5/60 bumper to bumper normal warranty is pretty nice but would I would need is the smallest extended warranty that would cover about what I actually plan on driving with this car, 5/80. I have ZERO interest in 3rd party warranties, I want Hyundai Factory Extended Warranty bumper to bumper, or nothing at all.

Anyone know good prices or online dealers offering such a thing? I had (perhaps wrongly) assumed that these warranties wouldn't be that expensive since the base warranty is already 5/60 and I've found great deals with Honda, Toyota, GMC etc. in the past coming from 3/36 base warranties.

Thanks!

Irwin Hyundai in Laconia, NH Best price I have found...by far!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts