Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there a timeframe in which we can purchase extended warranties after the purchase of the car? Can we purchase an extended warranty just prior to the regular warranty expiring (5yrs/60K miles)?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is there a timeframe in which we can purchase extended warranties after the purchase of the car? Can we purchase an extended warranty just prior to the regular warranty expiring (5yrs/60K miles)?
You can buy at any point prior to the regular warranty expiring, but I am guessing pricing will be very different. Multiple dealers told me that to get the best price you have to buy it either with the car purchase or immediately after it (50-100 miles) to get the best price. Could very well be BS, not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased an official Hyundai Protection Plan (10 years/120,000 miles/platinum/no deductible) for $1598 from Burlington Hyundai/Subaru in Burlington Vermont. All done by internet and phone with business manager Crystal Careau. Price was even less for 100,000 miles and/or $100 deductible. Purchase was an easy process. That was good as I live 2000 miles from Vermont. Crystal's contact email is:
Her email is missing from above post, do you happen to have her contact info? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
For some reason the email address which I listed in my posting was deleted. You can find it on the website for Burlington Hyundai/Subaru.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Where did you purchase it from? I have seen 10/100K for $1398?
Hyundai of Palatine. They did mention that prices went up in 2020. Didn't feel like validating that claim as I was close enough in price and wanted to wrap everything up on the spot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to thank everyone on here for the great advice on getting a factory Hyundai Platinum plan! I really didn't want to get some third party plan that my dealer was offering and I'm so glad I stumbled on this forum.

Like a lot of folks in here, I got my 10/100 for my Palisade a few weeks ago from Burlington Hyundai in Vermont (I'm in California) and no sales tax!

I must have called on Crystal's day off, but I did want to mention that I worked over phone and e-mail with another business manager named Konrad. He was really helpful and friendly and the whole process was easy (must be something in the water over there).

Anyway, I wanted to share another positive experience with that dealer and at least give the name of another contact person there you can reach out to. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just completed the purchase of a 10 year/120,000 mile warranty from Crystal - very fast and easy process. Like others paid $1598. Now I have to go arm wrestle with the selling dealer to cancel the 3rd party warranty they talked me into when I bought the car. I know, it was a moment of stupidity, but there is a cancellation clause so I should get all but about $150 of my money back. Eventually.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just completed the purchase of a 10 year/120,000 mile warranty from Crystal - very fast and easy process. Like others paid $1598. Now I have to go arm wrestle with the selling dealer to cancel the 3rd party warranty they talked me into when I bought the car. I know, it was a moment of stupidity, but there is a cancellation clause so I should get all but about $150 of my money back. Eventually.
Same here, got the 10yr/120k Platinum warranty from Crystal for $1598 with no deductible, everything was smooth and simple through email/phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can buy at any point prior to the regular warranty expiring, but I am guessing pricing will be very different. Multiple dealers told me that to get the best price you have to buy it either with the car purchase or immediately after it (50-100 miles) to get the best price. Could very well be BS, not sure.
You can buy any time before 5 yrs/ 60k miles, but when you cross the line of 10,000 miles is when the price goes up. You can call 802-557-5772 and Crystal at Burlington Hyundai will help you with these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my 10 year, 120,000 mile Platinum Hyundai warranty for $1598 from Burlington Hyundai.

Like another poster above, I worked with Konrad in the Business Office there. Easy and friendly to deal with. His direct phone number is 802-448-3836 and his e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can buy any time before 5 yrs/ 60k miles, but when you cross the line of 10,000 miles is when the price goes up. You can call 802-557-5772 and Crystal at Burlington Hyundai will help you with these.
Just purchased my Hyundai warranty from Crystal over at Burlington Hyundai. The process was extremely easy and she was great to work with. She gave me the $0 deductible (which makes all the sense in the world over the $100 deductible) Great service will be in touch to buy another for my wifes car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup I worked with her yesterday - very friendly and efficient.

I will take delivery of our limited tomorrow, and unless the dealer can match cost will work with Burlington Thursday. Same price as stated above..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another one in the win column for Crystal. A couple emails and a 2 minute phone call and all was done. Not too bad considering my dealer was literally twice the cost.

After I told the finance manager I'd purchase if he matched the price, he insisted this dealer (I purposely left the name out) was doing this illegally and he was going to report it. lol tool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got the car. Initially got offered $2100 for a 3rd party coverage from my dealer, 10/100, $100 deductible, major exclusions of electronics. Really unbelievable. I just got a quote from Burlington - different finance person same deal. I think 1598 for Hyundai, 10/120 is a pretty solid deal.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts