Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most car manufactures seem to have a small number of dealers who make a business of selling authentic factory extended warranties just above cost via the internet. I just bought my Palisade Limited AWD but the offer for extended warranties was ridiculous ($1600 for a 3rd party "dealer backed" warranty for 10/100 or $3000 for the real Hyundai Extended Warranty). I'm a first time Hyundai customer so the 5/60 bumper to bumper normal warranty is pretty nice but would I would need is the smallest extended warranty that would cover about what I actually plan on driving with this car, 5/80. I have ZERO interest in 3rd party warranties, I want Hyundai Factory Extended Warranty bumper to bumper, or nothing at all.

Anyone know good prices or online dealers offering such a thing? I had (perhaps wrongly) assumed that these warranties wouldn't be that expensive since the base warranty is already 5/60 and I've found great deals with Honda, Toyota, GMC etc. in the past coming from 3/36 base warranties.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was given the same quote for platinum. someone else gave me $2100 quote but he did not mention if it was platinum or gold

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow would you be driving 17000 miles a year. i got 10y/100000 miles pumper to bumper. the other offer i was talking about was 10y/100000 miles pumper to bumper for $2463 and 100 deductible, but their Gap insurance was $850 a bit high

·
Registered
31 Posts
wow would you be driving 17000 miles a year. i got 10y/100000 miles pumper to bumper. the other offer i was talking about was 10y/100000 miles pumper to bumper for $2463 and 100 deductible, but their Gap insurance was $850 a bit high
I'm about 1800 miles in over 24 days or so. I have averaged around 30,000 the last 2 years. We travel and take my car everywhere. I'm trying to get down to 20,000 a year. Washington Hyundai in SW PA quoted me 2200 Platinum with a waived deductible for the 10 100,000. They also were pushing a 3rd party warranty, started with First something, and and 1 star reviews.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Limited Awd.
I purchased the Hyundai Platinum, no deductible, for 10 years/100,000 miles for $1350.
I know this thread is 2 months old, but I would be interested to know where you bought your extended warranty. For $1350 I would consider getting it for my Limited AWD as well. Or has anyone else gotten good deals out there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this thread is 2 months old, but I would be interested to know where you bought your extended warranty. For $1350 I would consider getting it for my Limited AWD as well. Or has anyone else gotten good deals out there?
Purchased @ Darcy Hyundai in Joliet IL. Originally quoted $2499 but declined. On the way out the door after purchase completed was offered $1350 which was supposedly friends & family price. Went for it considering it was 0 deductible and transferable. We usually keep our cars 7-10 years. I have a history of 1st model year purchases traded in a 2013 Honda accord purchased in 2012. Still have a 2016 Kia Sorento Sx Awd in the stable purchased in 2015 with no issues yet. Hyundai/Kia has a pretty good track record so not sure if there is value in the warranty but a great peace of mind for 10 years for me.
Limited AWD

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased an official Hyundai Protection Plan (10 years/120,000 miles/platinum/no deductible) for $1598 from Burlington Hyundai/Subaru in Burlington Vermont. All done by internet and phone with business manager Crystal Careau. Price was even less for 100,000 miles and/or $100 deductible. Purchase was an easy process. That was good as I live 2000 miles from Vermont. Crystal's contact email is:

·
Registered
110 Posts
$1,300 to $1,400 strikes me as being a sweet spot for GO/No-Go. Most makes are getting over $2,500 for a similar coverage which makes it easier to say no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if this helps but my quote from Crystal Careau at Burlington Hyundai/Subaru (see my earlier post) for no deductible, 10yr/100,000 miles was $1398. My Palisade is an SEL AWD with the 3 option packages.
It does. Thanks so much. Dealers are saying the Limitrd AWD is more then SEL but it’s helping me find the ballpark. I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Purchased @ Darcy Hyundai in Joliet IL. Originally quoted $2499 but declined. On the way out the door after purchase completed was offered $1350 which was supposedly friends & family price. Went for it considering it was 0 deductible and transferable. We usually keep our cars 7-10 years. I have a history of 1st model year purchases traded in a 2013 Honda accord purchased in 2012. Still have a 2016 Kia Sorento Sx Awd in the stable purchased in 2015 with no issues yet. Hyundai/Kia has a pretty good track record so not sure if there is value in the warranty but a great peace of mind for 10 years for me.
Limited AWD
Did they give you a quote for 10 years/120,000 miles? I drive over 20,000 miles a year and this one would probably suit me better...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did they give you a quote for 10 years/120,000 miles? I drive over 20,000 miles a year and this one would probably suit me better...
No as we normally drive 7-8k miles a year. Having bumper to bumper beyond the 5 years for the electronics was our only interest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It does. Thanks so much. Dealers are saying the Limitrd AWD is more then SEL but it’s helping me find the ballpark. I appreciate your response.
Spoke to crystal today. $1398 OTD. No sales tax in Vermont. Paperwork to be emailed tomorrow to finalize. Thanks again for all the help in the forum. I too normally don’t purchase extended warranties, but I purchased first year accord in 2013 because of all the new electronics and it saved me big time, when my first year model transmission took a crap. I used Edmunds forum to shop for that warranty, again purchasing from out of state.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts