Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, all vehicles comes with front dash compartment with lock. But i haven’t see any in my new Palisade.. :(
have anyone seen it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't see any either, but then I've never actually locked one of the ones I've had in the past, so it's not much of a loss for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually, all vehicles comes with front dash compartment with lock. But i haven’t see any in my new Palisade.. :(
have anyone seen it?
I brought this up a few months ago with the dealership as well as this forum. There is no lock on the glove box, which generally contains personal information such as registration and insurance information. In addition, some of us may legally carry a licensed handgun and have the need to lock it up in certain situations.

I received a couple of responses from owners stating that "they never use it", but the lack of a locked glovebox or other secure area is a definite shortcoming - we have a significant number of car break-ins in my town (Las Vegas) and I can almost guarantee that the Palisade will gain a reputation as a vehicle that cannot secure personal information and potentially, valuable items.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Trust me when I say this. If they can break into your palisade, that lock for the glove compartment is not going to deter them from opening it. It can be jammed opened in under a minute.

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
Most cars, today, Have locking glove boxes so you can lock out the trunk being opened at valet parking
No trunk to lock on the Palisade

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trust me when I say this. If they can break into your palisade, that lock for the glove compartment is not going to deter them from opening it. It can be jammed opened in under a minute.
I absolutely agree, but it's still a deterrent. We live in a great neighborhood, however, there are a lot of car break-ins and they rarely break into a locked glovebox or cars that don't have things laying out where they can be seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I brought this up a few months ago with the dealership as well as this forum. There is no lock on the glove box, which generally contains personal information such as registration and insurance information. In addition, some of us may legally carry a licensed handgun and have the need to lock it up in certain situations.

I received a couple of responses from owners stating that "they never use it", but the lack of a locked glovebox or other secure area is a definite shortcoming - we have a significant number of car break-ins in my town (Las Vegas) and I can almost guarantee that the Palisade will gain a reputation as a vehicle that cannot secure personal information and potentially, valuable items.
Hello,
Yes, it was very frustrated knowing that a locked compartment is missing. But we solved a problem with buying a storage tray that fits in the middle large compartment. Since that space is large and deep enough, the tray covered up top, then no one notices that under the tray exists a hidden compartment. I bought it from Amazon and now satisfied. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts