Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set my Pallisade up for Apple Car play to support my iPhone and it works beautifully. My husband has an Android and I’d like him to be able to use Android car play in it when he drives it,but when he plugs in his phone to the car play USB port nothing happens. He is unable to access Android car play. My dealer set the Apple car play up for me so I don’t know if there is something we are supposed to do to set his Android up on it? His Android also won’t charge on the wireless charger, while my iPhone does. Anyone else having issues with Android like this and could share any insight?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, did he download Android Auto app first on his phone?
No he didn’t, but I didn’t think of that because I never had to download an Apple Car Play app. I wonder why he would have to download that app for Android but I don’t have to for Apple?

·
Registered
206 Posts
No he didn’t, but I didn’t think of that because I never had to download an Apple Car Play app. I wonder why he would have to download that app for Android but I don’t have to for Apple?
Because that's how it works on Android: it's an add-on that you have to download on your phone first. Apple bakes it in their OS, so you don't have to do anything.

As to the wireless charging: does his phone support wireless charging? What phone does he have?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I set my Pallisade up for Apple Car play to support my iPhone and it works beautifully. My husband has an Android and I’d like him to be able to use Android car play in it when he drives it,but when he plugs in his phone to the car play USB port nothing happens. He is unable to access Android car play. My dealer set the Apple car play up for me so I don’t know if there is something we are supposed to do to set his Android up on it? His Android also won’t charge on the wireless charger, while my iPhone does. Anyone else having issues with Android like this and could share any insight?
Like some others have said - make sure he downloads the Android Auto app, then he should be good to go.

My guess is his phone doesn't support wireless charging. I have a Pixel 2 (doesn't work and it's not designed to), but my wife's Pixel 3 works great on it.

Does Apple Carplay use the entire infotainment screen? or are there blank areas not used? You'll see what I mean when your husband tries out his phone in the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because that's how it works on Android: it's an add-on that you have to download on your phone first. Apple bakes it in their OS, so you don't have to do anything.

As to the wireless charging: does his phone support wireless charging? What phone does he have?
He has a Verizon Moto Z2.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like some others have said - make sure he downloads the Android Auto app, then he should be good to go.

My guess is his phone doesn't support wireless charging. I have a Pixel 2 (doesn't work and it's not designed to), but my wife's Pixel 3 works great on it.

Does Apple Carplay use the entire infotainment screen? or are there blank areas not used? You'll see what I mean when your husband tries out his phone in the car.
Yes, Apple uses the entire infotainment system. Works like a charm with my iPhone! I’m glad I have an iPhone since I hear Android only uses party of the screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts