Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
When do you loose the connection and how often per ride? I don't have AA, but Apple Car Play. I did notice that lock screen can have an effect on the connection. That is sometimes there is no connection unless I unlock the phone. On my 8 plus its difficult not to unlock it if you trained multiple fingers for the reader so I only see this sometimes. If there is a lock screen relationship you might want to try turning off lock screen altogether as a test. Good Luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem with AA disconnecting. Usually happens within a few minutes of starting the car, then once I unplug/replug it will go hours without disconnecting. Same phone and same cable doesn't do this with my Kia Sedona. I've also tried the factory charge cable and it also has the same effect. My phone is a Oneplus 6.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I should also add that if I drive the car for a few minutes then plug in my phone, AA does not disconnect.
My experience has been that if my phone (also a OnePlus 6) is plugged in to USB prior to starting the engine, it occasionally disconnects after a couple minutes. If I plug in after starting the engine, even just 10 seconds later, I never have disconnection issues. This is true both with the OEM cable and a short USB 3.0 cable from Amazon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Think that kind of makes sense as starting the Car starts the Palisade AV interface and the Phone and the car have to handshake and get pass the lock screen on the phone. On the Iphone at least relatively recent changes were to lock to down USB mode for lock and start up, etc as it was exploitable. Nothing is supposed to pass without an unlock. Would just start the car, take off parking break, then plug in phone. I do wish wireless APC and AA was available though you would still have to unlock your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the problem all the time. Lately it's gotten worse. Today I tried it on my gf Sonata. Same problem trying to use Waze. I think it might be the USB port on my phone. Going to try another phone tomorrow. My gf plugs her iPhone into my car and no problem. Might just take it into dealer and see if they can figure it out

21 - 28 of 28 Posts