Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my fellow Android users out there that use Android auto, have you noticed the huge black area on the right side of the screen that has the Android auto icon? I've also noticed that the margins aren't right (screen doesn't go to the edge). This is for the optional larger infotainment screen which is standard on Limited.

With the new Android auto version rolling out now I though maybe we'd get Widescreen! But nope...still the same form factor with the new UI (which is really nice).

Looks like we'll be waiting on Hyundai to update the head unit so we can utilize Widescreen. Anyone have experience with Hyundai entertainment system update time-frames?

Anyone use apple carplay? Does it use the whole screen properly?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I completely agree; the Android Auto experience is more underwhelming than I had hoped. I've searched online about AA widescreen support, and it appears that the consensus is that the manufacturer has to have the hooks in place to take advantage of it. That means we're at Hyundai's mercy to wait for an update, as you noted.

Is there a good place to notify Hyundai of these types of things? I like my dealer and all, but not sure how much of an advocate they're going to be for requesting infotainment improvements.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - this is my first car that has native android auto - and I thought I'd be using it ALL the time while in the car honestly. But with my experience with the Palisade...I've been using the built in Nav more often, using android auto for music/phone and usually leaving the native Nav screen up instead of android. Kinda sucks, I really hope they can fix this. It would be gorgeous if they took advantage of the whole screen!

I'm not aware of a place to notify/ask Hyundai about this. If anyone knows - please share!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually called Hyundai and spoke to someone in the tech department and of course he had no idea what I was talking about

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just was looking in the settings on my phone and it said to turn on mirror link for this to work right. I will test it when I get home as I didn't drive the Palisade today

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used both AA (old and new version) and Apple Car Play, and Apple Car Play utilizes the whole screen. Hopefully they are able.to update this easily and quickly! And maybe while they're at it they can include the directions in the HUD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a case opened with Hyundai and I must say I am impressed with their team that are working the issue. They have walked me through a few things just to ensure I had already changed phone settings, AA settings etc., but they told me they have escalated it to the tech group and I received a phone call from them today and they let me know they are working on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a Hyundai Palisade and have to say that it is by far my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned EXCEPT for the problem with AA not taking advantage of the entire infotainment screen. As a tech guy I switch back and forth between an Android and iPhone. Apple Car Play works perfectly and beautifully fills then entire screen but AA, while functional, looks dated and has a somewhat fuzzy resolution compared to Apple Car Play. Come on Hyundai and let's get this fixed ASAP :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I just aquired a Palisade Luxury this week,I live in Canada. Same issue : Apple full screen, Android black patch on the right side. I have asked my dealership to investigate and will post back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to see if widescreen would work by enabling 1080p resolution in AA developer mode would allow it to display full screen - no luck. Palisade head unit still forces AA black box icon to right. Looks like we are going to have to wait for Hyundai IT to updated the head unit software to take advantage of AA widescreen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This probably won't get updated. I searched around in Korean sites and couldn't find any one complaining about it, so Hyundai Korea probably doesn't know or care.
I had kept getting error messages on three different android phones (S10E, S10+, Note 10+) and ended up switching back to an iPhone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts