41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the latest map update v16 on my palisade and getting full screen android auto. Very happy that Hyundai finally addressed the issue after so long.
[/QUOTE
Just realized the other day that the MPH icon on my heads up display in the window is gone. I see only the speed of the car. The Cruise Control icons are there, but no longer do I see the posted speed limit icon. And the time display on my nav screen is missing. On the screen, I do see some horizonal dashes where the time would be according to the Manual which clearly shows time of day shown. I went into "settings" to try and reset it but the Date/Time selection is grayed out, not avaialable. Does this have anything to do with the newest Version 16 update? My 2021 Hyundai Pali Limited has never had an update, is this the reason for the loss of the MPH icon and time display? I am going to update soon. But in the meantime I have a complimentary maintainance at the dealer scheduled for Monday and can bring it up to them if the Forum thinks it is something else.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Mapsoft told me to check after May 10.
Mapnsoft sells you a ready-made USB with the update on it and ships it to you. Their expected availability date for that seems to be May 10.

All or most people here are concerned about the direct download where you do it yourself, from Hyundai's update site. Their current notification page shows that the update will hopefully be available by May 12. Check the exact page I linked a few posts ago.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
I can't believe they've finally done it!

I may have missed it, but can someone with the update post a screenshot showing the full screen map (Google or Waze) using AA.
Well, just so you know, the widescreen interface for Android Auto will not show any applications in full screen. It utilizes the widescreen to show multiple things. Here is Google Maps and Apple Music.
Slope Font Line Parallel Engineering

If you have an extreme hankering to have the map or any other app take up the full wide screen, you would have to go into AA developer settings (as has been discussed earlier) and limit your resolution to 1280 pixels wide. That will revert AA to the classic interface and allow a single app to span the entire screen. The biggest downfall of doing this is you are now only displaying 1280 pixels across on a screen that can display 1920. I don’t recommend it; plus I don’t know how it’s useful for a map because it just shows you a lot of unhelpful info off to the side. But if that’s what you want…
Font Line Slope Parallel Engineering

Reactions: cipher

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics, brusjoh04.

When you say "widescreen interface for Android Auto will not show any applications in full screen", is this an Android Auto or Hyundai limitation?

Based on those layouts, I definitely prefer option 1 even though it's not a full screen map. The higher resolution option makes the map look clearer and I'm not a fan of that bar along the bottom on the second option.

This is definitely a nice step forward for AA on the Palisade, but hopefully a future update will add 1080p full screen.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
When you say "widescreen interface for Android Auto will not show any applications in full screen", is this an Android Auto or Hyundai limitation?
That is all Android Auto. Google’s widescreen interface, introduced in 2019, allows AA to show more info on displays with more space and different aspect ratios. But from the beginning, their widescreen interface has never allowed a single app to span the entire wide screen.

Hyundai is just providing a big blank box to display Android Auto in. Whereas before, the AA display was bound to 2/3 of the Hyundai display no matter what, now Hyundai will tell AA that the whole screen is available. That is a big, 1920 x 720 pixel box, and the default is what I showed in my first screenshot. We get the widescreen AA interface because we have 1920 horizontal pixels.

Reactions: cipher

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is all Android Auto. Google’s widescreen interface, introduced in 2019, allows AA to show more info on displays with more space and different aspect ratios. But from the beginning, their widescreen interface has never allowed a single app to span the entire wide screen.

Hyundai is just providing a big blank box to display Android Auto in. Whereas before, the AA display was bound to 2/3 of the Hyundai display no matter what, now Hyundai will tell AA that the whole screen is available. That is a big, 1920 x 720 pixel box, and the default is what I showed in my first screenshot. We get the widescreen AA interface because we have 1920 horizontal pixels.
Nice. I'd like the Map apps to use the full widescreen format with it's highest resolution/dpi setting for our screen so it sounds like we need Android Auto to enable this functionality. Hopefully, if this is added, it doesn't require a related update from Hyundai as that may mean another 2-3 year wait! :)

I just checked online and the next version of AA is named Coolwalk which has a few nice features including Cast which mirrors your phone's display.

Right now, I'm 8.5/10 satisfied with the new AA support we have and hopefully Google can make the necessary changes to take this to 10/10.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Hopefully, if this is added, it doesn't require a related update from Hyundai as that may mean another 2-3 year wait! :)
It won't require anything from Hyundai. The empty box is there. It's Google's job to fill it... any AA update can change it (for better or worse). Sounds like the next AA version is what a lot of people are looking for!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts